Latest mod on the red vert, some 15mm H&R spacers all around

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
cereal2k
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible,2003 G35 Sedan

Decided to get this done with the stock 19 sport wheels.
I chose 15mm around for now (20mm for the rear was ordered but it was a 6 week delay). It's 3 deg negative camber now, and I'm awaiting the vert camber kit availability so I have enough room if it's cambered within spec with a camber kit.

The fronts can go out some more, but it's enough of a difference from stock that I'm ok with it. Given that it's a 2 inch drop and I cruise the mtns the current spacing should be enough clearance not to do damage.

The rear fender lining was trimmed also, going over bumps on the rear only I can feel some rub on the liner only, so I'll be getting some more trimmed.
Cell phone pics for now until the next shoot.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Looking good!
I have 25mm on the rear and they are flush to the fender with no drop

cereal2k
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible,2003 G35 Sedan

bschurr wrote:Looking good!
Thanks B. I'm gonna wait till the camber kit comes in, get some correction and see where they sit with H&R springs. I suspect I'll still be under the fender with the the tire. I actually have to get the rears changed out so I'm thinking going 255/40/19 for the rear (I have 275/35/19 now). Then if needed upgrade to 20mm.

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

What do you ahve in the front?

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

cereal2k wrote:
Thanks B. I'm gonna wait till the camber kit comes in, get some correction and see where they sit with H&R springs. I suspect I'll still be under the fender with the the tire. I actually have to get the rears changed out so I'm thinking going 255/40/19 for the rear (I have 275/35/19 now). Then if needed upgrade to 20mm.
No spacers up front.

If you are contemplating spacers, there are several options but do not cheap out! Buy a good hubcentric spacer and I personally prefer a style with the studs already attached like the Ichiba v2 (which is what I used). Be sure to install them correctly and torque all bolts to the proper spec in the proper order (star pattern). This may be common knowledge for some but I have heard of many cars having vibration issues when the spacers we not installed correctly.

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

I'm more of a fan of replacing the studs, but either works good.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”