Lambo Doors

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
TheRussianBull
Car: Nissan Versa 07

Does anyone know if there are any lambo, suicide, and butterfly hinges? that would fit the versa? cus im looking to slap on some butterfly doors with suicides in the back, or lambos front and suicides back

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

auto-loc makes kits.... but why would you do something like that for? if we were intended for those style doors they would have come from the factory! but whatever dude, post some finished pics....

groq36
Car: White 2008 Nissan Versa SL

superskunk wrote:auto-loc makes kits.... but why would you do something like that for? if we were intended for those style doors they would have come from the factory! but whatever dude, post some finished pics....
idk man...lambo doors...not really feelin' those...i guess to each his own.

kcourtad
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan

suicide doors would be cool...

#1Tango

i think its funny that the honda has them in that pic and the lambo doesn't :-P i think it would be kind cool to have the 2 front doors lambo and the rear doors suicide

BigMACKenzie
Car: 1993 240sx convertible

yo you want to be Fvcking classy get this ish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtkoje4-eM

DejaWiz
Car: See sig for details.

BigMACKenzie wrote:Yo you want to be classy get these doors.

Those are pretty sweet.

cyberdeity

Agreed! Those are fantastic.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Only problem with the retractable doors is that you loose your inner door panel. It's cloth in the pictures, which means no arm rest, no hand hold, no window/lock controls. Still, there are some nice benefits, like a LONG door with none of the usual disadvantages like sagging or needing lots of space.

BigMACKenzie

you could prob fab one out of carbon fiber or at lease make some steel/aluminum brackets for window/side view mirror controlls. I think its worth it for the transformer doors. in fact, how hardcore would that be? the cool transforming sound as the doors fold into the body

matt_a

MinisterofDOOM wrote:Only problem with the retractable doors is that you loose your inner door panel. It's cloth in the pictures, which means no arm rest, no hand hold, no window/lock controls. ...
If you look closely at the video, there is an armrest attached to the seat like a captain's chair. As for the window switch, it could easily be put on the center console like many cars already. I like 'em!

Andrews Chalmers
Car: Versa '07 SL CVT

Why have a door - all you need is weatherproofed canvas.

DejaWiz
Car: See sig for details.

Andrews Chalmers wrote:Why have a door - all you need is weatherproofed canvas.
And a lift kit, mudder tires, camo paint, and a Jeep emblem.

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

Honestly, no. No 50 times over. I can deal with half the mods on most cars but lambo doors are the dumbest things ever. Not only do they not provide any benefits, they add weight and are extremely played out.

The whole weight thing should be enough alone. The main reason people got a Versa was gas mileage correct? The added support and hinges add a few good pounds and it really isnt worth it.

Butterfly doors? Like a McLaren? Ugh. The only cars that need those kind of doors are the ones that come from the factory like that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...signs

Please, do us a favor and dont do it. It's bad enough seeing crappy, body kitted Civics with them, dont ruin a Versa with them.

BlueMango
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

They're really cool but you couldn't lower your car at all...could you?

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

Friends dont let friends buy Lambo doors.

You could lower your car. Otherwise how could all the ugly lowered Honda Civics and Accords with crappy body kits, giant rear wings(on an FF car mind you), fart cans, oversized wheels and 50 different monitors use them?

Seriously, its a bad idea. If you want to make your Versa a laughing stock by putting them on its your own money your wasting.

*note: I think all Versa's would look stupid with them, not the driver or anyone else. And this is my opinion. Just to cover those bases *

Great White Versa
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S HB 6sp

Red Devil wrote:You could lower your car. Otherwise how could all the ugly lowered Honda Civics and Accords with crappy body kits, giant rear wings(on an FF car mind you), fart cans, oversized wheels and 50 different monitors use them?
I think that BlueMango was referring to the hiding doors...
BlueMango wrote:They're really cool but you couldn't lower your car at all...could you?
Which was a reply to...
BigMACKenzie wrote:yo you want to be Fvcking classy get this ish: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAtkoje4-eM

Jemdawg
Car: Super Black Nissan Versa 1.8SL Hatchback

Lambo doors are called "Lambo" doors for a reason. This is because they are exclusively found on Lambos. If you want to do this to bring your car to shows and, hopefully, win some money, then go right ahead. But you better hope you get your money back for them, because you will look like a fool opening your doors every day.

BigMACKenzie

watch the whole video in the OP and listen dog, they specifically mention being able to lower the car bc they keep the stock ride height by hiding the doors in the natural cavity found in the body. It also stiffens the chassis despite the removal of the B pillar bc of the bracing they put in to protect the doors/body cavity. I have yet to contact them to find out how much it would be but im sure its going to cost a gas filled platinum tooth and %55 of your soul to get these things installed, maybe more.

hiimjered
Car: '08 SL CVT

Actually, the video said that cars were designed around the the disappearing door from the begining. The whole setup, including the space the door slides into and the stiffened body was part of a new design, not a retrofit.

I will be impressed if anyone finds a way to retrofit any car to have doors like these.

BigMACKenzie

you are really going to tell me that those cars were designed for the doors? try again hoss. those are factory spec production vehicles.

hiimjered
Car: '08 SL CVT

Sorry, when I hear a line like, ". . . the rotary drop door has been developed to be included in the design of platofrms from the beginning. . ." I guess I didn't notice that they did mention, "these prototype conversions work well for now."

Regardless, the added stiffness and the vehicle with the full ground clearance were both describing prototypes designed around the doors. The mark 8s were conversion models.

my mistake.

BigMACKenzie

its all gravy baby, its not like any of us are popping these guys on any of our rides any time soon

BlueMango
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

BigMACKenzie wrote:they specifically mention being able to lower the car bc they keep the stock ride height by hiding the doors in the natural cavity found in the body.
You're right. I was watching at work. we all know how tricky that can be.

rockinS13

def put on suicides on way more original

Nismo V
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8S 2008 Scion xB 2.4L

My question for you, are planning on making this a show car?

Heres a link ---> http://www.aerokits.net/DiabloHinge/gtf.htm

07V84Z
Car: 2007 Versa~Silver, Hatch, 6Spd 1984 300ZX~White, 5Spd, N/A

Red Devil wrote: .......

Honestly, no. No 50 times over. I can deal with half the mods on most cars but lambo doors are the dumbest things ever. Not only do they not provide any benefits, they add weight and are extremely played out.
SO played out in fact, that Lomborghini's don't even have them any more...look at the Gallardo.

But all in all, it's your car dude. Don't listen to anyone. Do what you want; but when you do, wear flame retardent clothing to the forums.

Versafied
Car: 2008 Versa SL 6spd Black on black

IMO lambo doors are for show cars and cars that come with them. Aftermarket parts are unreliable from my friends experience.. I've seen plenty of broken lambo door bolts. If you do get them think about replacing the bolts that come with the kit.. Lambo front and suicide back should look pretty cool... Are you showing it?

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”