Ladies and Gentlemen---The 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5SE

All things Altima Coupe.
Carlosf22
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5s Black

toxik wrote:I wouldn't worry dude, I'm sure you'll be able to get a 2.5s for around 250 a month. The dealer I saw today even told me the same thing, and thats with the convinience package.
Thanks man.

hattrix
Car: 2008 Azure Blue 3.5 Altima Coupe

Well here is mine. Got it last Saturday. LOVE IT!!!!!!! Every bit of hype is justified.

http://img79.imageshack.us/img...8.jpgh ... my...0.jpg

http://img160.imageshack.us/my...5.jpg

http://img108.imageshack.us/my...3.jpg

hattrix

hattrix

You guys will have to bear with me. I am new to forums and not that great at posting.

I guess I was supposed to give details about it. I got the CVT, black leather interior (have a couple pics of interior if you want to see it). I got it for $29,300. List was $29,600. It is abslutely a blast to drive. Going around corners feels like you are on rails. If you haven't experienced Nissan's CVT, it is awesome. The only thing bad I can say about this car is the backseat is tiny. Though, it is a coupe, so what can you expect. You folks waiting on your order, you are in for a real treat when this comes in.

dynot

Nice pics hattrix. Would love to see more especially the interior.

I just joined this forum and am interested in learning more about this car as I'm planning to get the 3.5SE fully loaded. So i'll have a lot of questions to ask and hope those of you who have one will oblige.

So hattrix, what is it about the CVT that makes it so awesome for you? Did you get the nav package?

Does anyone have an expected arrival date in Canada? I read that it would be available sometime in June. Is this true? If so, if I order one this week when would I expect to get it?

Of course, when I do get it I will be posting reviews & pics. I'm looking to order one in black, CVT, premium & tech packages. Think I could get 18" wheels?

I figure this'll run up to about $40,000 CAD as someone else posted here. You'd figure that with the current exchange rate it would be cheaper!

hattrix

Well, the CVT is awesome because there is no shift feel. You get steady power. If you stomp on the gas the Tach jumps to 5000 rpms and just sits there. No up and down. Just a steady 5000 rpm's, as you pull off the accelerator the rpm's slowly back off. You feel no shifting whatsoever. There is no lag as it shifts as there are in some CVT's too.

I didn't get Nav. I am going to just go get a Garmin. I can live without it. I did get the premium package though. I got the black leather. It is a pretty nice leather. The bolsters are great in the seats when you are turning sharply too. They really hold you in the seat around the corners. I can't post pics from here but I will post some interior tomorrow. Good luck on your order.

hattrix

dynot

hattrix, how does the engine sound? I read that it has a distinctive growl when you start it up. Is it there throughout the drive?

Recently I rented a Grand Prix and it has a nice, constant growl to it. Wondering if the coupe sounds similar.

thanks...

EDIT:...thanks for the interior pics...

dynot

Oh, yes...another thing:

I know the rear seats are 60/40 split. Do BOTH fold down or just one side?

Thanks again...

hattrix

There is a growl when you accelerate. Not as distinct as the Grand Prix I think but noticeable none the less. In idle you can't hear the engine. I got out to check the mail box and left the engine running and I could barely hear the engine. All and all, yes, it does have a nice little growl especially off the line. My buddy and I were talking about maybe changing out the exhaust in the future though to liven it up a bit. Not that it needs it but just for my ego's sake.

Yes, both rear seats fold down for more trunk space. From the cab, you can use the mechanical key (pops out of the inside of the automatic key) and there is a little flip cap over the back passenger seat. You flip that up and there is a key slot. Using the mechanical key, you turn the lock and pop the passenger seat. Than there is a latch for the driver side rear seat to fold it down. From inside the trunk there are two nylon straps hanging down. You pull on the passenger side one first, then push the seat forward (you need long arms or you have to kind of lay in the trunk for this part). Then do the same for the driver's side rear seat. A pretty simple process really.

I am assuming you are aware of the Nissan keyless system and understand what I mean by automatic and mechanical key. That may be my favorite thing that sets Nissan apart from the competitors.

dynot

hattrix wrote:I am assuming you are aware of the Nissan keyless system and understand what I mean by automatic and mechanical key. That may be my favorite thing that sets Nissan apart from the competitors.
Yes, I was aware of it and even downloaded the manuals from the website and read through them to learn more about the i-key and the nav system.

Obviously I skipped over the rear-seat operation part!

Thanks again for answering my questions...enjoy your new ride!

hattrix

I just rolled over 400 miles and some observations....

The reviews online that talk about the cars ability are not exagerated. If anything, they are understated. The car goes around corners on rails. I keep upping the speed around corners to see how well she will do. A regular right hand corner I have done at up to 35 MPH and no squeal whatsovever. It is within the realm of possibility that I might have done one of those looping offramps (not that I would ever speed but I almost thought that maybe I could have seen something resembling a 25 MPH sign) at 55. Had I actually done that, there would have been no squeal in the tires at all.

The car is very comfortable but don't expect to fit any linebackers in the backseat. At 6'4" and 275 I can fit back there but it is tight!! I wouldn't want to do a cross country trip back there.

The pick up is awesome but this car won't set any off the line records. It seems like the real power kicks in around what would be second gear. I have seen its most power in the passing gear range. 40-70 ish. If you get stuck behind a big truck, you won't have any problem getting around him.

The gas mileage is running me about 23-25 mpg. Not bad having come from a Titan. Just be forewarned, the gas warning light comes on very early. Mine will say I have 30 miles left but it stays between 25 and 30 for 15-20 miles. It seems like Nissan is almost trying to trick you into not keeping the car running low on gas as some are prone to do.

I have found that my driver's seat is a little loose. I will be taking that back to the dealer to get tightened.

Be forewarned, the rumors of low right side visibility are not exaggerated. Look 3 or 4 times before changing lanes.

All and all I love this car. It handles great, has good power and does more than I could ask of a sport coupe. If you want anything more from this car can do, you should be buying a Z, not this car. For what it is, a sport coupe, it is more than I could have dreamed!!! I have no regrets on this purchase.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”