L320 light lenses

1962-1965 Datsun L320 and NL320 forums - The truck that started it all in the US. All 320-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
SprocketsDatsun
Car: 1965 Datsun L320
1999 Nissan Silvia S15
2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo

Howdy, I have a 1965 L320 I am restoring. I need New, good Used or Repro Front and Rear Running Light? Brake Tail Lenses. Can anyone help me on this?
Thank You
Mike

waynosworld

SprocketsDatsun wrote:Howdy, I have a 1965 L320 I am restoring. I need New, good Used or Repro Front and Rear Running Light? Brake Tail Lenses. Can anyone help me on this?
Thank You
Mike
Your fronts are round, correct?
Do you need everything in the front, or just the lenses, do you have a good outer rings?
Do you have your rear housings, or do you just need the lenses?

SprocketsDatsun
1999 Nissan Silvia S15
2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo

So Sorry for the long delay Waynosworld. Life happened and my little trucks engine spun a Con rod bearing. I am going back together with the engine now. For the front I need the clear round lenses only. I could replace the bulb socket backs if a good set were avialable. Everything else in this truck is original and in really great shape. I could use a windshield though. Any ideas for me?

waynosworld

There are front round lenses on ebay right now, just the lenses though, you will need to use your chrome rings.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-Datsun-NL3 ... HU&vxp=mtr
The only complete set of round lenses/buckets around right now are way expensive.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-311-312- ... oG&vxp=mtr
I have round lenses with rings(expensive), and also a few lenses themselves without rings which you can also get on the top ebay link above, but I would want same he wants.
The rear lenses are another thing, they are a lot harder to come by, if you have lenses that are not busted, you need to do the best you can to restore them/make them look good, they will be expensive to replace, I mean really expensive.
Here is one rear lens assembly on ebay to make you understand what I mean by expensive.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-61-65-L3 ... o6&vxp=mtr
Where are you located, I ask because I have windshields, a couple used ones with blemishes, and the last new one of a bunch I had cut several years ago, but it is not cheap, and I will not ship it, it has to be picked up locally.
I also have a good quality gasket for it.
Email me if your interested in my parts. [email protected]
SprocketsDatsun wrote:So Sorry for the long delay Waynosworld. Life happened and my little trucks engine spun a Con rod bearing. I am going back together with the engine now. For the front I need the clear round lenses only. I could replace the bulb socket backs if a good set were avialable. Everything else in this truck is original and in really great shape. I could use a windshield though. Any ideas for me?

SprocketsDatsun
1999 Nissan Silvia S15
2015 Nissan 370Z Nismo

Thank You for being so super helpfull. Yep, You are right these are Pricey. I scooped up the front lenses off ebay. I can clean my rear lenses and make them work. I am in Houston Texas. I would love to know if there are any other 320 owners in my area. I will email you on the windshields.

waynosworld

SprocketsDatsun wrote:Thank You for being so super helpfull. Yep, You are right these are Pricey. I scooped up the front lenses off ebay. I can clean my rear lenses and make them work. I am in Houston Texas. I would love to know if there are any other 320 owners in my area. I will email you on the windshields.

Did you get just the lenses, or the expensive assemblies overseas?

ehime

To piggy back on this, does anyone know about rear lenses/buckets? (Brake lights) I heard someone made represent, but don't who?

lajolla1963
Car: 1964 L320
1969 SRL Roadster

I am a newbie to the 320 world but long time owner of Roadsters.

I found a source called Clauss Studios in Hesperia CA that will pretty much reproduce any lens. Greg produced a clear NL320 lens for my 1963 as well as the rear tail lights all 4 sections. Prices are reasonable considering they are NLA and Greg is a real nice guy. I actually had him duplicate the front tear shaped turn signal for my 1969 Roadster. I ordered the parts on PayPal and he sent within 10 days. Prices are listed below, if I could figure out how to post an image I have pictures. Exact duplicates of the originals.

Greg Clauss
7555 3rd ave
Hesperia CA 92345
[email protected]

Datsun NL320 Front Turn Lens Clear or Amber Pair-N40 $79.00
NL320 Tail Light Len set of 4 $129.00

waynosworld

lajolla1963 wrote:I am a newbie to the 320 world but long time owner of Roadsters.

I found a source called Clauss Studios in Hesperia CA that will pretty much reproduce any lens. Greg produced a clear NL320 lens for my 1963 as well as the rear tail lights all 4 sections. Prices are reasonable considering they are NLA and Greg is a real nice guy. I actually had him duplicate the front tear shaped turn signal for my 1969 Roadster. I ordered the parts on PayPal and he sent within 10 days. Prices are listed below, if I could figure out how to post an image I have pictures. Exact duplicates of the originals.

Greg Clauss
7555 3rd ave
Hesperia CA 92345
[email protected]

Datsun NL320 Front Turn Lens Clear or Amber Pair-N40 $79.00
NL320 Tail Light Len set of 4 $129.00

Are you saying that he is producing L320 taillight lenses?
I paid way more than $129.00 for my clear NL320 rear taillight lenses, but I had been asking him to make me a set for years, so I was happy to finally get a set.
I am one of the lucky ones to have 2 sets of dual color(red/amber) NL320 taillight lenses from his first run of them when Ken was involved.

lajolla1963
Car: 1964 L320
1969 SRL Roadster

I am not sure of the history just the pricing that I received and the fact it didnt take long. I am sure if someone wanted the amber/red combo he could do that as well.

Ted Heaton
Car: 64 Datsun 1500 Roadster
63 NL320 Sport truck

lajolla1963 wrote:I am not sure of the history just the pricing that I received and the fact it didnt take long. I am sure if someone wanted the amber/red combo he could do that as well.
Wayno,
I believe lajolla is referring to L320 taillight lenses and not NL320.
Ted.

waynosworld

Ted Heaton wrote:
lajolla1963 wrote:I am not sure of the history just the pricing that I received and the fact it didnt take long. I am sure if someone wanted the amber/red combo he could do that as well.
Wayno,
I believe lajolla is referring to L320 taillight lenses and not NL320.
Ted.

I never heard of Greg Clauss making L320 taillights before, never seen them on ebay either, not from him anyway.

62L320
Car: 62 L320

I have been working with Greg on the L320 rear tail light lenses since Feb. (I should say that he did all the work). I sent him some good passenger side lenses and then we decided to also do the drivers side (rather than just flip them around). Within the last couple of weeks he finished the drivers side, so now there is a complete set for sale. He wants $129, but they are very nice.
Steve

Conner
Car: SRL31101633
1964 L320

That's great to hear.
How good were the originals that you furnished? The reason I ask is the repros will only be as good as the originals used for the mold.
Four pieces, right?

62L320

Yes, Greg had said up front that they had to be pretty good for him to work with. I had a pretty nice passenger set that he said he could work with it. The driver's side was not as nice, but we both thought it would be best to have the lettering correct. He put quite a bit of work on the originals and even that side came out pretty good.
If I can figure out how to post pictures on this site I will take some close-ups of all four pieces.
Steve

waynosworld

Wish I had known, I have NOS passenger side pieces, and the larger piece on the driver side, don't have a NOS smaller driver side piece.
I didn't even know he was working on these, I already suggested to someone that they buy the pieces already made, as they live back east where Datsuns are rare, and parts are even rarer.

I talked to Greg on the phone about making another run of NL320 taillights 4 or 5 years ago Lajolla1963, he said he would make dot red and clear, but he would never do dual color again(amber/red), and still I didn't get the clear set till earlier this year, I have a large fortune in 320 lenses and housings around here.

62L320

Here are some pictures:

Conner
Car: SRL31101633
1964 L320

Very nice!

Return to “Datsun 320”