KY All-around Street Car Shootout:

Blast down the 1320? Love the 1/8 mile action? Here's your forum.
jEzTeR
Car: 07 FX35 - 02 Altima 3.5se - 93 240sx Hatch

OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL 2005 All-around Street Car Shootout

SPONSORED BY AUTOLAB

October 15th 2005 Start time: 12:00 PM - ? Location: Beech Bend Description: Saturday Day Fun Racing

October 16st 2005 KYR Fun Run Start Time: 08:00 AM Location: Papa Johns Cardinal Stadium Description: Fun run

Tires:Tires: DOT tires will be the tires of the day. Street tires are defined by SCCA rules (because they're the easiest rules to borrow from ) as any tire with a treadwear of 200+. Exceptions may be made if the case is brought up beforehand (anyone w/ a specific 'true' street tire that's got a lower treadwear) +2 sec for R-compound at the autocross, +1 sec penalty for DRs PER DAY. Drag radials are generally considered a "decent' substitute for actual R compound auto-X tires, so they're getting 1/2 the penalty of true R compounds. Also, as was not clear last year: Feel free to change tires between events. However, be prepared to get double penalties (If applicable: so +1 for DRs and +2 for R compound auto-X rubber).

Fuel: If you wanna mix some xylene in with some 93, go for it. Howver, i'm not responsible if you blow your dumb *** up. Keep in mind whatever you run, you've gotta drive to Beech Bend with. So no dumping in blue at the drags only. If you wanna run it, you've gotta drive on it.

Nitrous: fair game for the drags, but NOT ALLOWED at the auto-X site. Leave the bottle at home, or you'll have to skip that race.

Points: we'll stick with the points system. The fastest drag racer gets 100 points. From there, we'll use the SCCA's class math equation to determine the points.

Points/Event = 100 - [900 x (entrant's time - class winning time)/class winning time]

Since we're all going to be in the same class, it'll be easier. I'll use some results from last weekend to give you an example.

51.472 100 52.873 76 53.014 73 53.888 58

And so on. Points bottom out at 20, which you get just for showing up. That way, even if you get blown out on one portion, you have a chance (albeit still hard) of coming back for a decent place if you can do really well at the other event

Car show Still tentitive. Basic car show, since how your car LOOKS does matter on most people's street cars. Won't be anything TOO intensive as I see it now, but will judge how well your car's put together. IE no duct tape'd bumpers, exposed wires, decent paint, etc. More on this as I hear from the people that will be judging it (god knows i'm not qualified for that )

Post up if interested or with any suggestions.

Return to “Nissan Drag Racing Forum”