krash's vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
krash
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx Convertible

Hijacker wrote:You need to put that car in a hermetic bubble
Tell me about it. My friends were joking around abotu installing those iron poles that they have near the white house.

jsturges18
Car: 1990 240sx hatch - totaled/parts car
1990 240sx hatch - replacement
2005 pt cruiser
2004 350Z

poor car.. time for a gate!

what color are you going for?

krash

Same color, AH3 Cherry Red Pearl. Its a great color when its in good shape.

krash

So I guess I'll do a little update of sorts. I started setting my ring gaps today. I'm going to use .018 for the top ring and .020 for the bottom ring. Everything was going fine until I got to the bottom rings. Before I even filed the bottom rings, I checked the gaps to see how much I needed to take off. Well, two of them were already at .020, which I thought was strange, but it wasn't a big deal since that is what I wanted. Now, the other two were not so awesome. .022 and .024. GREAT. So these two bottom rings are of no use to me.

I emailed wiseco about it, and hopefully they will replace them for me. I'm finding it hard to justify spending $50+ on a manufacturer screw up. After this whole thing goes through then I can start assembling the rotating assembly.

boricua_s13

any updates on how your car looks :yesnod

krash

Well its like 9 different colors :frown:

I ended up forking over the $50 on new rings. One set was over-gapped yet again so I had to send it back for replacement, the other set has yet to arrive. Bringing the car from my parents house to TN in january, so thats when I'll really have stuff to update. Seems like I'm going to have to rock the multi-color until summer though :squint:

boricua_s13

lets rock to multi-color together lol my vert is black, white fenders and one eyelid white other eyelid carbon fiber wrapped. my coupe is the opposite colors lol :bigthumb:

krash

I hate it. Especially since I had my car at a point where I was really happy with it. OH well, not too big of a deal, its getting painted one way or another haha

boricua_s13

it looked awesome and love those 527. from where you bought the top?

krash

I got the top replaced locally for $1200. I wouldn't have saved any money buying the top on my own, so I just let the shop take care of everything.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Ouch, would almost have been cheaper to drive over here.

krash

Its expensive as hell in MD dude. I called 5-7 places, $1200 was the cheapest!

biggie

Apparently. Thought you were still in TN though. Labor was only $300 for me and happened to find a top for $300 second hand but still new.

krash

Yea I'm in TN right now, I came out here for school. But when I replaced the top I was in MD

jsturges18
Car: 1990 240sx hatch - totaled/parts car
1990 240sx hatch - replacement
2005 pt cruiser
2004 350Z

cant wait to see your car repainted. i plan on doing the same color when my radiator support gets fixed. hopefully the engine build is going well for you and no more accidents get in the way!

xwizkidx
Car: 95 Altima GXE RIP
97 Altima SE
92 240sx SE Hatch RIP
89 240sx SE Hatch KA(DE)-t

I am too now interested in seeing the outcome in the near future! i think i should start a build thread. it wouldn't hurt. i just never has time lol

krash

So, its been some time...... Haha, sorry guys, things have been pretty crazy over the last year. Between school and SAE, I've been stretched pretty thin. The car is doing pretty awesome though! I finished the engine build and dropped it in. Started up and runs like a top. Its got about 5000 miles on it at the moment and I've had 0 issues.

Here's the fully assembled longblock:

And the Engine in the car:

I also made an engine rebuild series on my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... IYNhE74RW6

Really have no complaints. I'm very happy with it. I'm now collecting parts for teh boosties.

As far as exterior, its still multi-colored. I'm hoping to get around to painting it before July. I have a color in mind (not cherry red) but I'll share more about that when the time comes. I finally found some mint condition front fenders and doors. They're all different colors but hey thats why I'm painting it haha.

Here it is in all its multi-colored glory:

I also found this tire marker stuff from Duplicolor called "Hot Tires". I actually ended up looking really awesome on the car:

My girlfriend bought me a Key's Racing Steering wheel for christmas. I was astonished. I'd brifely mentioned it at some point and said I'd love to buy one for my car when I have nothing else to buy. Her and my best friend plotted and went ahead and got it for me for christmas:

Here it is installed:

I used an NRG short hub + quick release combo with the wheel.

I also did an installation video on that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ5TyFmv ... csXsWWmmw

Really happy with it. The 350mm size is perfect, and the wheel has very nice contours, it feels great when driving.

I finally had the money/time last winter to finally do a small project that I've been planning for years. A tablet install. I've always wanted in-dash navigation, but the radios that have it are WAY too expensive ($700+). So I decided a tablet was the best way to go. The google nexus 7 (2013 model) is a perfect fit for the double DIN opening in the s13s. I did have to cut up the dash board a bit to make it fit (behind the radio bezel) but the end result is exactly the way I wanted it.

I put a single DIN radio in the glove box, and I'm running the tablet to the radio's auxillary input. Ideally I'd have used an amp, but I didn't have the funds for that. Plus this way I still have FM radio and a CD player if I ever want it. The awesome thing about the tablet is that the possibilities are endless. turn-by-turn navigation (I use my phone to wifi-tether), HD movies, Skype, there are so many things. With the google play store in my car, I can do anything I want. Its turned out very well.

Here's the mounting plate I made. You can also see where I had to cut the dash:

And here it is installed:

As an added bonus, the camera can see everything! I didn't plan for this at all:

biggie

Very cool update.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

The tablet idea is very cool. Highly impressed by that!

krash

Thanks guys! I've had the tablet in for a few months now and I'm 100% satisfied. Plus it pops out pretty easily when I want to use it (I rarely take it out though). Another cool thing is that there are bluetooth relays that you can use with android devices.

http://www.controlanything.com/Relay/Re ... -BLUETOOTH

Theres an android app that you use to control the relays. So the possibilities are endless. convertible top, starter, lights, kill switches, ejecto seatos, whatever I want controlled from a touch screen interface in my dash! James bond anyone? The relay boards are kind of pricey so that will probably happen sometime after paint and boost.

krash

Hey guys, little mini update here. My fuel injector o-rings were kind of eaten up pretty good so I replaced all of them. While I was at it I replaced the stupid phillips screws on the injector caps with allen screws because phillips screws can go to hell.

I changed my headers on the same day as well.

My Pacesetter headers totally took a crap. I really wouldn't recommend pacesetter headers. The coated all burnt off after a couple months and then the whole thing got this ugly coat of surface rust. Secondly, they dont use a flex section. They use a ball and socket type joint. This is where mine broke. The ball and socket kept moving around (as it should) and wore itself apart and leaked like hell. So I've got this setup now. Its an ebay s14 header bolted to megan turbo downpipe.

Also installed an aftermarket FPR from Tomei. I walbro 255 I installed blew out my stock FPR (only because it was already on its last leg). The Tomei piece is really nice. While I was at it I rewired my fuel pump to a separate relay (similar to the ignition coil mod) to rule out any sketchy mumbo jumbo from a 20 year old wiring harness.

I'll probably move the FPR somewhere else, I was in a rush so that was the first place I thought of putting it. The car runs great now, and doesn't sound like a broken tractor anymore. I'm in love again.

annnnnd lastly, did some bondo work on random dings and stuff. I unfortunately dont have the funds to paint the car the way I want it. So I'm saving up to do it. In the mean time, I'm plasti-dipping the car (I know, I know). But it will come out looking decent and WAY better than it looks now, so I'm down with that.

And thats where I'm at now. Plasti-dip will hopefully go on next week. I bought 2 gallons of sprayable dip and my friend and I went 50/50 on an electric hvlp sprayer.

biggie

Looks good (just got to save to paint).

krash

So, my car is officially "dipped". WHAT. A. DIFFERENCE. Sure its not real paint, but man having a car thats all one color is glorious. The dip I picked is called Camo Tan. I put down a base coat of gunmetal grey and then put the tan on top. I only used 2 gallons. In retrospect, 3 gallons would have been perfect for the vert.

Here's the gunmetal grey basecoat:

And the final product:

krash

I'm in love. I feel so proud of my car now. There isn't much to not like about it (for me at least).

Back to the life of thumbs ups and compliments

biggie

Very nice.

Mrsancheezz
Car: 92 240sx Vert w/Silvia front

Looks good now! just read complete thread and it has come a longg way, haha.
i myself just picked up a 92 Vert, first thing i gotta do is replace motor (Warped head/ gasket blew) and 5 spd swap.!

greendusk
Car: 1990 300zx TT Pearl Glow (5 Speed now after swap)
1990 300zx NA Black Auto(Sold)
1990 300zx NA Purple 5 Speed(Engine Washed /Sold)
2001 Stratus (Scrapped)

From the ashes.

Hellion240sx
Car: 1992 240sx se

what tail lights did you end up buying?

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”