KP Nav NI35 bypass mod for Vert - need Help!

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

I was ready to install the NAV by pass KP NI35 but ran into issue that the instructions are poor plus the connector in vert has 2 grey, purple wires..
I completed the black and red wire solder on the OK PWB but now I am stuck - help please,,,,

Do I have the correct connectors or ....?

Any one of you have done this mod might have the answer- here are few shots

cereal2k
Car: 2009 G37S Convertible,2003 G35 Sedan

Good tips and link to the FSM. Thanks.

I'm red/green color blind, when the time comes I'll get a shop to do this :(

cmesurf

cereal2k wrote:Good tips and link to the FSM. Thanks.

I already installed it... if you need help let me know.

cereal2k

cmesurf wrote:
cereal2k wrote:Good tips and link to the FSM. Thanks.

I already installed it... if you need help let me know.
I appreciate that LOL :)

SteveTheTech
Car: 15 Sentra SR
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-
05 Mazda 6 L3 Sport, 95 J30, 94 D22

Is there a downside to breaking the VSS?

Why didn't you get the swap in unit?

How is it activated?

cmesurf

SteveTheTech wrote:Is there a downside to breaking the VSS?

Why didn't you get the swap in unit?

How is it activated?
No Downside - VSS breaking - it still is connected unless you want to use unavailable commands while you are driving.

What unit swap are you talking about?

Hold the ok button for 2 seconds and unavailable commands are available while you are driving and hold it for 2 second to go back to OEM config.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

I was particularly wondering about calculation of fuel econ, or those stupid ambiguous maintenance indicators.

On another website (which shall remain nameless) I found someone talking about swapping out the buttons and center dial assembly with one they have updated.

If I were going to do this I would try going through the CF slot and into the operation software and remove the requirement written on the HDD. I'm really curious about these timed switches that are hardwired in such a way. Theoretically I like KPs technology but like many other addons I am not completely sold on their long term durability. I have seen many alarms and remote starters fail and have some very unintended consequences. For me this is kind of research.

I have a client that has an older QX that has some window modules that are the one touch up, but it was added to a truck that has OE full auto. Well after 4 years the modules started to act up caused all types of body control issues. These kinds of add ons tend to neglect diodes that are typically found in OE control units, or the OE control unit is not tested to withstand longterm exposure to unknown simulated signals. This happens more so in digital pulse signals and RGB lines, just like in home theater.

cmesurf

SteveTheTech wrote:I was particularly wondering about calculation of fuel econ, or those stupid ambiguous maintenance indicators.

On another website (which shall remain nameless) I found someone talking about swapping out the buttons and center dial assembly with one they have updated.

If I were going to do this I would try going through the CF slot and into the operation software and remove the requirement written on the HDD. I'm really curious about these timed switches that are hardwired in such a way. Theoretically I like KPs technology but like many other addons I am not completely sold on their long term durability. I have seen many alarms and remote starters fail and have some very unintended consequences. For me this is kind of research.

I have a client that has an older QX that has some window modules that are the one touch up, but it was added to a truck that has OE full auto. Well after 4 years the modules started to act up caused all types of body control issues. These kinds of add ons tend to neglect diodes that are typically found in OE control units, or the OE control unit is not tested to withstand longterm exposure to unknown simulated signals. This happens more so in digital pulse signals and RGB lines, just like in home theater.
All you said is true but these module can be removed/disconnected and you are back to OE config. I am with you , I am not a fan of the after market stuff but after all the pros-cons-I decided on two KPT module, single touch *actually double click) for roof and the Nav bypass...so far modules are functioning ok and I always have OE config if I want to ignore the module's functionality. The self install module do give you advantage that you know how to remove them easily.

SteveTheTech
12 G37x Coupe
-Formerly-

What you have sounds ideal.

The reality of it is the majority of the ones that make it my bay are not removable without making more problems. Like the one time some kid burned his interior harness by not knowing how electricity works. I really like the idea of the one touch top, the override feature seems decent as well but without video bypass it really only has limited appeal.

I like the idea of integrated logic switches especially if they are simple and effective.

jmy0ung
Car: 2009 G37 vert

"but without video bypass it really only has limited appeal."
This is one extra wire about two seconds of work that can not be disclosed on this forum. I can watch...I mean my passengers can watch a DVD as I watch the road at any speed. My vert is a 2009 and this may not be true on newer models I don't know. But the how to do it can be found on other forums.
Now that I think about it I'm Not sure if this forum allows directions on what wire to cut to watch video while driving or not. Anyway I have both mods on my 09 vert and can play a DVD movie while driving. Don't forget the nav mod has three different settings that can be used.

cereal2k

Cmesurf, what were the tipss, tricks or pics to get this module installed on the vert? We are having a mod day this Saturday and figured this would be great to get installed. What differs on the instructions that came with the module? Thanks.

cmesurf

cereal2k wrote:Cmesurf, what were the tipss, tricks or pics to get this module installed on the vert? We are having a mod day this Saturday and figured this would be great to get installed. What differs on the instructions that came with the module? Thanks.
It's been long while ago but here are the connections :slap:

Good Luck

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Check out the G-series FAQ (link in my sig) for a how-to on doing the NAV By-pass mod.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”