Konigs : )

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
drifter
Car: Drifting, cars, etc.

What do you guys think of the Konig brand? Honestly....I mean, I have the Imagines on my car and I loooooove them but are they associated with rice or what?

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

first!

drifter

I know, I just couldn't help myself!!! :) So what do you think of my question?

themadscientist

I had the first thread but Daunt axed it because I'm a whore. I don't follow wheels that much but my rule of thumb is any surface area parallel to the hub that does not contribute to strength and is chrome plated is Ricey. If anyone could look at the rims and logicaly use "dubs" to describe them rice it is. However while I hate big heavy chrome rims people have different tastes and I can respect that.

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

themadscientist wrote:I had the first thread but Daunt axed it because I'm a whore. I don't follow wheels that much but my rule of thumb is any surface area parallel to the hub that does not contribute to strength and is chrome plated is Ricey. If anyone could look at the rims and logicaly use "dubs" to describe them rice it is. However while I hate big heavy chrome rims people have different tastes and I can respect that.

No. Dubs are gay no matter what. I don't give a fu*k what you think.

( j/k )

Nick.

Daunttless

I didn't delete it Mad, someone else did. Why would I delete a thread I posted in? : )

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

The first thought that pops into my head is "rice" simply because I've seen to many Verdicts, and Wildcard, and Monsoon wheels on very ugly cars. Konig does make some nice looking (knock-off) wheels though. There are maybe 2 or 3 styles I like.

drifter

Well, I have the Imagines, and I love the way they look....my thought was that I can't go wrong the mesh design....he he....: )

themadscientist

"Rice", a funny moniker for a goofy bastard. Over here though we have a rare bird indeed but much more entertaining. I call them "wheat". Why? well it follows the grain idea but when some American f*** up an auto 305 Camaro IROC with dubs and blinky lights and tried to smoke one wheel at the hangout spot what more can he be? Domestic rice "wheat".

APEXi240

Yeah, your Imagines look nice on your car...I remember from when you had your car in your sig.

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

hey can you send me some pics of your car to [email protected] drifter? i thought about gettin imagines....i really like them.

UncleBen

ok i'm stupid. i just looked at your car on cardomain, lol. i'm stupid, sorry :icesangel

UncleBen

ok, another post. i'm sorry, i'm a whore. how you liking your Hiper, Drifter? you were the one having problems with fitment weren't you? i remember talking to you on AIM i think. pretty sure it was you. oh, and how much you pay for your imagines? where from?

Mike09

Hey Drifter I too love the konig Imagines and thats what i'm thinking of getting next summer.

drifter

95silviase wrote:ok, another post. i'm sorry, i'm a whore. how you liking your Hiper, Drifter? you were the one having problems with fitment weren't you? i remember talking to you on AIM i think. pretty sure it was you. oh, and how much you pay for your imagines? where from?

Looooooove the Hiper....didn't have any fitment probs with it because I had it installed with custom mandrel bent piping...LOL, you always mix me up with other people, Ben.....I paid $890 shipped with the Toyo Proxes FZ4 tires included, which is a damn decent price (exactly why I bought it). The website is http://www.treadepot.com I believe...!

drifter

Mike09 wrote:Hey Drifter I too love the konig Imagines and thats what i'm thinking of getting next summer.

You should. They're really great rims for a pretty good price. :)

drifter

APEXi240 wrote:Yeah, your Imagines look nice on your car...I remember from when you had your car in your sig.

Thanks for the compliment man....I really do appreciate when people say my car looks nice, makes me feel really good inside....LOL, cheesy but true... :D

Two-Forty

it looks nice, but I like your car better, god the 98 headlights looks so evil, but back to the rims, it's nice, but in my opinion I try to be as original as I can, and I can understand even though some things are nice but it it's too overdone, I like to switch to something new just to be different. This brings me to a story about 3-4 years ago. *Flashback music*

But I rather not talk about it....heheh point is nice yes, but when you have those nice things on not so nice ricey cars, people tend to associate YOU with the crowd, but thats only my 2 lincolns.

APEXi240

I actually don't really see the Imagine wheel at all around me. Mostly the played out Verdicts. Plus the design is just right for the 240....and that is an awesome price.

drifter

APEXi240 wrote:I actually don't really see the Imagine wheel at all around me. Mostly the played out Verdicts. Plus the design is just right for the 240....and that is an awesome price.

Yeah, I don't see them around me either which is why I chose them :). And I agree that they look great on the 240, and with a price like that? Perfect for a starving college student like me....!

fenrisx
Car: Buying a 93 240sx HB or a 98 240SX

I like the Konig Flatlines..Even tho after looking at the pic the actual 'spokes' or whatever..stick out alittle further. The black opal still looks nice in pics. I haven't seen them on a 240 though..so they might look sh itty.

Nsport240
Car: My Car

The only thing i dont like about klonigs is that you dont get much in the way of width, i am looking at the Helium, and the 17" wheel is only available in a 7" width. thats like 225 series rubber at best.

drifter

Yeah tell me about it...I'm looking for some new rims, some WIDER rims....: ) Actually leaning towards 5Zigen Typhoons....

Mike09

I also like the rated R wheels by konig. But Imagine is what i'll probobly get.

drifter

Are you still interested? I'm selling my rims with tires and am willing to split shipping costs with you....lemme know!

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”