Koni or kyb

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
countrytuner0918
Car: 2006 nissan 350z enthusiast

I'm sure it's been posted before so I apologize if it has been but I'm looking at upgrading my shocks on my car next fall. I'm thinking either kyb or koni yellow. I'm just looking to see what you guys are running and how you like them. If there is another company I should look at please feel free to let me know. I'm open to everyone's opinion. I've already got the springs picked out so just looking for shocks. I greatly appreciate it and I look forward to hearing your guys/gals feedback.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

Depends. Koni Is hands down the better performance shock, I wish I had sprung for the double adjustables now that I've adapted to the car. But for me the car is pretty much autocross only. KYB's typically are only moderately stiffer than OE, their logic is to take up some of the slack introduced by aging bushings and such. You said you picked out springs so I can only assume you plan to lower the car and not to track or autocross it, in this case neither. Generally speaking lowering springs are also higher spring rates to keep from bottoming out your shocks with your reduced compression travel. This being the case you'll want something with more compression valving than either of these choices.

countrytuner0918

I'm looking at getting the eibach sport line springs. If I remember correctly, I don't think there is much of a drop. Would the Koni's still be a good selection or should I be looking at a different spring? I'm wanting to autocross it or even hit Road America up north on the road course.

countrytuner0918

It's the Eibach pro kit not the sport line

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

I you want to autocross you are better off keeping the stock springs and arring a fat front sway bar with koni's and running CS, the only other class the car is competitive is SYU and that means adding a real diff, and coilovers

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”