Knock Sensor! Need some Help Please!

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
Trini.Madman
Car: A31 Cefiro - RB20E - Automatic - 4.1LSD

Hey all, my engine is a RB20E.

Now, ive been doing some reading ( i got my hands on the R32 and R33 Engine manuals ), and it says that the pin for my knock sensor is supposed to be reading 4Volts at ignition, cranking and idling.

I also read that if this voltage is not what it is supposed to be, the engine retards timing and runs rich (atleast that is the info i got on the RB20DET and i just suspected it works the same on the non-turbo ).

Now i found recently my engine runs a bit sluggish! so i tuned up, oil, filter, fuel filter, iridiums #6's, HKS airfilter, Cleaned MAF, Cleaned throttlebody, cleaned and adjusted Idle Unit etc. basically a full tuneup, and in my opinion im not getting as much power as i used too.

so i checked all the voltages and they are ALL in perfect order EXCEPT the KNOCK/DETONATION sensor! the "required voltage is supposed to be 4Volts but im getting 3.2Volts at ignition, cranking, idling and reving...

Can some1 advise me if that can be the problem? or if i should look elsewhere for my lost of power!?

Please, im trying to put some stresses on a SR20de and a KIA cerato coup 1.6L 6speed tiptronic :P.

im just trying to get it to work as it used too... Please any assistance would be appriciated!

Trini.Madman
Car: A31 Cefiro - RB20E - Automatic - 4.1LSD

Anyone? id appriciate the help!

ezb57e

3.2 is fine. The 4V is theoretical engineering estimation.

Return to “Engine Tuning”