Knock lite suggestions

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
kgriffin
Car: 95 240sx

Hey guys, I am in the midst of tuning my KA-t with nistune. its going pretty well but I am having a hard time trusting my stock knock sensor. I want to get an aftermarket solution to be sure. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Was thinking about a Gizzmo, kinda dont want to shell out 200 bucks for it though, anyone use one before?

Link to Gizzmo:
http://tunertools.com/gizzmo-electronic ... light.html

Thanks in advance!

Racerfanny
Car: nissan

Everything we can have a try.

Harrythook
Car: 98 S70 T-5 (blown up)
95 S14
69 Road Runner (hidden away)
Too many Volvo's

The old scary Knock sensor issue.
Couple of ways with Nistune to verify functionality of knock sensor, doing a street tune. The 3rd gear long pull will not always show the best results. A fast run-up in second gear to high RPM (record the run) will show you if you are going into the knock map. I am going to try another method, which will have the car static at 2000 RPM and creating a false knock (brass hammer to engine). Deleting the knock sensor or radically changing the map is not an option here.
I am curious about your tune, and your setup. An aftermarket system for knock detection will show you a problem, but its an after the fact input. Tuning requires real time data. Just like the old oil pressure light on the dash, if its lit your probably causing damage.
PM me if you want to talk via phone.

Return to “Engine Tuning”