Knob Creek

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Anyone go to Knob Creek this weekend? I went and forgot my camera. So I will have to get some of our pictures from my friend Chris. I was impressed at both the simplicity of the event and the amount of crazy machine guns and weapons that were demonstrated and sold. My buddy Chris and I were 1 Mountain Dew from getting on the firing line and shooting during the night shoot. It is easily the best $20 ($10/day, we only went Friday and Saturday) I spent in a long time. I will post up more as a recover from a long weekend of drinking and partying.bud

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

damnation!

I knew there was something I was forgetting...

I need to go in April....

Cold_Zero

April it is. Seriously that would be awesome if we could get a bunch of people to go to Knob Creek.bud

bobotech

Knob Creek.

Going to Knob Creek would give my knob a woody for a week.

For me that would be Mecca.

Congrats on going, I'm supremely jealous. No amount of fancy cars or upgrades to your car would be as exciting or fun as Knob Creek.

Glad you had a great time.

Closest I will ever get to Knob Creek is shooting 8 or so different types of full autos that my local class 3 dealer rents out about once every 4 months for a weekend. Little stuff like MP5/mini Uzi/etc.

I want to shoot a full auto MG42 someday, thats my dream gun.

Cold_Zero

There were two Mg42's on the firing line. The rate of fire on those things blows my mind. I am still a big fan of Ma Deuce.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

holy crap...

I <3 MG's...still the measuring stick to all belt feds...

bobotech

Just imagine the amount of money burned up on the ammo costs on these things. Its a huge difference when 1k of ammo costs 200+ dollars compared to 10-15 years ago when 1k of ammo could be gotten for 50-75 dollars.

I imagine that people that play with real full autos (the guys that buy ammo by the pallet load, not by the case) are just really rich dudes with a very cool hobby.

I think a real stamped full auto MG42 is somewhere in the neighborhood of 100,000 dollars or more.

Cold_Zero

I got the impression that they spend a good $20K on ammo for the weekend. Most of these guys are gun dealers and have multiple machine guns. Apparently, there is a 10 year waiting list for spots on the firing line at Knob Creek. When the shoots were done (they hold about 7-10 shoots a day) I saw a lot of them picking up brass from the tarps they laid down. So I get the impression that they reload a lot of their ammo.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”