KKK, GT, and IHI turbos

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
stunt_driver

hi ok i decided to go KA-T and right now i am picking a turbo i plan on doing a custom turbo kit for mild boost around 8-12 psi well here is my problem i have a chance to pick up a HKS GT ball bearing turbo from one of my friend's it's off his civic si the DOHC one for around $200 his motor is trashed and he never put it on but i dont know the trim is also at this truck place they have IHI and a couple of KKK the triple KKK one is a K26 and the IHI one i think is an RHB5??? can't remember they want like $150 for each and my problem is i dont which to get i cant find anyone that used one of these turbos before i searched at freshalloy and zilvia and here no one seems to use them some one HELP ME!!!!

S13Ka24e
Car: Tunning, reading, learning

I'll buy the HKS GT ball bearing turbo from your friend if you don't use it.

stunt_driver

i think its a small turbo because they try to match the best turbo possible to fit a b16 thats why i really dont know about that one i know the k26 is comparible to the t3 and the k27 is comparible to the t4 but i dont see anyone using them and the IHI i dont know nothing about all i know is the scooby people like them cause they spool fast i really dont know what to get i should have name the post KKK vs IHI vs GT turbos thanks for the reply anyways

S13Ka24e

Well even if it is the small GT turbo the HKS GT2510 then it has a 63T 0.64 for Trim A/R that is small for a 2.4L but it will spool quick. I will probably go with a bigger turbo anyways, a t3/t4 or a t3/t60-1. I don't know the Trim A/R for thoughs turbo's you said, but if you are getting them from civic's then I'm going to guess that you are going to want the biggest of all of them.

stunt_driver

i just want a turbo with a good respond to it by that i mean i dont want a lot of turbo lag im looking into doing a good street setup also thinking about running a starion/conquest intercooler also kinda like a junk yard turbo kit with out the junk turbo

S13Ka24e

I'm also going to run a starion IC. Most of my other parts are not out of a junk yard. Anyways a Ball Bearing Turbo is a must if you want low lag. I dont know much about the other turbo's so hopefully someone else can answer your questions, good luck with your turbo project!

stunt_driver

im going to visit my local turbo dealer tomorrow to see what else he gots ill keep you informed if you really want that HKS turbo ill try to get a hold of my friend tomorrow thanks for the info

S13Ka24e

Ya sure give me his e-mail and I will talk with him. Thanks.

S13Ka24e

If you don't want to put it on the internet send it to me at through Nico.

gyfer

if you have extra turbo and willing to ship it, I will pay you the turbo and the shipping. Let me know.

Gyfer

stunt_driver

i know the shop im getting may turbo at has a lot of turbos but im not sure if they will ship them

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”