Kinetix Velocity Intake Manifold for M35

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
bigpun71
Car: 2006 M35S

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone has installed the Kinetix Velocity Intake Manifold on their M35? The intake is made to fit the VQ345DE engine platform but when I spoke with one of the guys from Kinetix he told me they never made a test fit on the M series so it should fit but he's heard there is a slight mode necessary to make it fit as it is right by the fire wall. So, he recommended I try to find out what mode would be necessary before buying. If anyone has done this or can point me to a YouTube clip or some link I can reach out to someone it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

P.S. I added a link below in case you wanted to see the intake manifold:

http://www.kinetixracing.com/kinetix_35 ... old-1.aspx

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

Yes it fits on the M35 engine. The M35 engine bay is not designed for it though (different engine location in the bay than G35 and 350Z), and you do have to do some shoving to make it get in there, and the top of the intake tube will press hard against the firewall when it is in.
Not sure where you are located, but be aware it is illegal in California as it does not have a CARB number stamped on it. The intake does not pollute any more than the stock manifold, and nothing is wrong with it or anything like that. It is simply illegal in CA because Kinetix didnt pay CA money to make it legal there. You can still run it and some smog shops will let you slide on it, but technically it is still illegal in California.

bigpun71

EniGmA1987,
Thanks for the information. I'm located in Texas so no worries about the emissions. I just upgraded to a 75mm throttle body with a Injen cold air intake and that was a tight fit. I'll take another look in the engine bay and see if there are any areas I can move or reroute some of the wiring. Thanks again and if you hear of anything else please let me know :)

EniGmA1987

I took a picture this weekend of it in the engine bay. You can see where it presses against the firewall at the top of the intake tube on the manifold.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Beautiful intake!
Enigma thanks for helping out that member with his question. :mike

I doubt he could have gotten that confirmation any other way (short of try and buy).

bigpun71

Thanks for posting a picture! That helps put into perspective so I know what to prep for. Also, since you have one installed along with a strut tower brace, did you have any clearance issues with the hood? I'm worried I may need to get an aftermarket cowl hood if I add all that stuff on as well. Let me know, thanks again! :mike

EniGmA1987

No clearance issues with the strut tower brace. It is right up against the hood, Id say 1/4 - 1/2" underneath it. There is maybe 1 1/2" - 2" clearance between the Kinetix manifold and the bar.

bicsintegra
Car: '06 Infiniti M35
'06 Infiniti G35 coupe
'11 Ford F-150 FX4
'13 Ford Edge Sport

EniGmA1987 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:45 am
I took a picture this weekend of it in the engine bay. You can see where it presses against the firewall at the top of the intake tube on the manifold.

Damn that looks amazing especially with the soul function bar. I have the CAI Injen intake and the soul function strut tower bar, really contemplating this as my next upgrade. Looks amazing, I also hope you and your family are safe out there in Texas.

JAMERICAM35X
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35X

I am new here have a 07 m35x anyone has the torque specs on the lower and upper plenum? Need asap thanks in advance

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”