Killswitch using an oem dash button

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
krsh_tst_dmmiez
Car: Four 240SX coupes

What up my fellow nissan enthuiasts, I'm new to this forum although I have been here before to read stuff. I hope this community will help in current and future projects, as of now I have a question or lloking for some input. I want to run a "killswitch" or immobilizer type of switch, I don't know how to really call it. I want to be able to power the ecu with that button after turning the switch. I know I can install an anftermarket button or toggle switch and place it anywhere I want but I kind of rather use an OEM button off the dash that I no longer use, maybe that will help in case someone actually tries to steal my car and can't get it to start. They'll be looking for something a little more obvious, like a aftermarket button or switch. So I was thinking wither the cruise control button or the defrost button circuit. Has anyone ever done this or have an idea of how I can go about it? I know I can locate the relay that powers those circuits once you push the button and just re-route the voltage to the ecu voltage. Any help would be much appreciated.

NukeKS14
Car: 1995 240SX SE - KA24DE-T
AC Cobra Mk IV Rep.
2020 Civic Si

https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/use-n ... abase.html

There are all the factory service manuals for our cars; thats how you'd go about finding any electrical components or circuits. Shouldn't be that hard to find one of the ignition circuits to the ecu and 'intercept' it.

Most of us don't have to worry about theft because our cars are on jackstands in the garage 99% of the time. :chuckle:

krsh_tst_dmmiez
Car: Four 240SX coupes

NukeKS14 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:06 am
https://www.nicoclub.com/archives/use-n ... abase.html

There are all the factory service manuals for our cars; thats how you'd go about finding any electrical components or circuits. Shouldn't be that hard to find one of the ignition circuits to the ecu and 'intercept' it.

Most of us don't have to worry about theft because our cars are on jackstands in the garage 99% of the time. :chuckle:
:rotfl Mine was left parked for quite some time but I was able to get it back running fortunately. I'll look for the FSM later once I'm on the laptop.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”