Killed one of our own :(

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
GOING DEEP
Car: 350Z Roadster Twin Turbo

Killed one of our own It starts off as another fine "top down" day here in sunny New Mexico. On the way back to the salt mines after lunch (read...work, no I dont actually work in a salt mines) I was casually driving down one of the back streets. My friend btw weighs about 200lbs was still recovering from the whiplash I had given him when I introduced him to the twins...twin turbos. We're sitting at the light when I look up in my rear view mirrow and instantly notice a superblack roadster. I didn't even realize I was being stalked at the time. But I also notice that its a guy that I had said hello to in the past. So, my guard comes down and I casually start moving once the light turns to everyone's favorite color (read...green...let the fun begin). This guy comes up to my left side now, and does a "Z wave". So, I give him the Z wave back...then I see him pulling away quickly. I guess that wasn't a Z wave afterall. Stay tuned though...

Intermission...I dont think he realized that I had a couple of twins under the hood because I was casually driving and not under heavy boost. The bov only sounds off when you under boost and then let off the gas suddenly. Back to the main event...

So, by now I am looking a deep black smoke coming from his exhaust (read...he's flooring it and pulling away quickly). Now, its time to wake up the twins... I was doing about 40 and shifted quickly into third and saw my tach go up to 3000rpm...yikes. Now the dilemma, should I have shifted into second? But would that have caused too much wheel spin? We'll never know. I decided to leave her in 3rd and pray to the spool up gods. I must have sacrificed enough virgins lately, because they answered. I was able to catch up to him and match his speed as I was wringing out every bit of hp/tq out of third. Now, for the kill, I shift into fourth and now he's moon walking back as my bov screams "you asked for it". Poor guy, what was he thinking initially, let me ponder...(he's got a roadster and so do I. He's got a passenger, I dont. He has stock wheels, hehe, he cant have anything under the hood. I got a grounding kit. Yeah baby) His last thought...

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Aww poor guy..But he did ask for it..

He probably has some more minor mods.

Thats the fun part about street racing you (ie He) never know what you're gonna face.

Fred..

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”