kid in a candy store

1972-1979 Datsun 620 forums. All 620-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
datsunexcells

Lance, What I was curious about, concerning the condition of the Bumperettes, is whether they had dings or other damage. I see a trailer hitch set-up installed on that truck, and I wonder if holes were drilled in the Bumperettes to mount that hitch. You're right about the taillights on that truck; it looks like one light is from an earlier vehicle, but I can't see the other light with that board in the way. I have a dash assembly from my '73 620 Datsun Truck that I'll let go for the cost of shipping, but it won't solve your speedo problem. You'd still need the speedo gear, and possibly a speedo cable to make it work for you. With the information I posted about speedo gear ratios, at least you'll have a starting point with some absolutes. John

lancekilgore

I did not see any dings in the bumperettes but there is a original square hole in the same area of both bumpers, they are two inches to the inside of the inner bumper cap screw. don't know what it is for but it looks like it came from the factory.  no the hitch is tied in to the frame separetly. 

on the lights there is another truck and I did not get a pic of the rear lights of the light green one. it is there with only the front end.  it has longer lights than the blue/brown with the bumpers.  the lights look good and match.

when you say dash are you talking about the brown part and not the whole black dash complete?  If so I'll take it, mine set for ac and not a radio. 

do you use pay pal easy way to payand quick.  or maybe we can work a deal.

Lance

datsunexcells

Lance, The dash out of the '73 pick-up is complete. It is dark grey with a few cracks; has speedo, tach, Sanyo AM/FM radio, headlight switch, cigarette lighter, and vents on each end; the glove box door is also there. The metal part, with the defroster vents, needs paint, but I believe everything is there. I'll clean it up and box it up, and get an idea how much it will cost to ship. I'll need an address so I can do that. The square holes in the bumperettes should be for the chrome bumper bolts. There should also be holes for the two rubber bumpers to stop the tailgate. John

lancekilgore

ok the rubber bumpers are gone, so the square holes are for those.

That is the same dash as the 78 right I think it is. 

Lance kilgore

15512 Jenna Ct, Peyton Co 80831.

Let me know on the price

Lance

Here is a pic

lancekilgore

and the other side.  If it is the same send it and don't worry about the radio.  verses the vents the ac in mine has been removed so they just look good.  got a ac control if any body needs.

Lanc

datsunexcells

Lance, I just reread your posting, so I 'll add to my response. I do have the complete dash, but if you only want specific items from it, I can disassemble it and send those parts. The taillights should be roughly 16 1/2" by 2 3/4' on the flat face. Do you know how much they want for the taillights (larger ones). I'm interested in the bumperettes with the brackets I can send a money order for $45.00 to get things started and we can hash out the shipping charges.Thanks John

lancekilgore

first question is, it the same dash if so send the brown part only I can work with it.  I'll see of he is open tommor and try to get the radio, bumperetts and lights.  

Lance 

datsunexcells

Lance, The dash looks the same, the one I have has the tach to the left of the speedo. Let me know how much of the dash that you want so shipping won't be so much. I can also do PayPal. John

lancekilgore

John the brown parts comes out complete if you could send that it will have everything I need.  Pay pal rocks best thing over the internet I every used.  I use it to.  there are three screws above the speedo and tach and at least on mine the cig lighter had to be removed to get it out.  I will still take the cig lighter mine is on the firz, (rusted out on the inside)  and instead of me sending you monwy why don't we subtract the shipping from what the cost of the parts are and go from there. 

Lance

71-521

lance, paypal is cool...what's your addy?
say send you 20 and then you let me know what the shipping ended up being?

lancekilgore

Ok I am confused never had any body send me money only paid out.  where do you find it. on paypal.   I think it is my email ([url=mailto:lance_kilgore@hotmail]lance_kilgore@hotmail[/url]).

Lance

lancekilgore

ok got the radio and it looks good no way to test it though.  everything there.  got the bumpettes look real good.  The rear lights on the blue truck were 8 by 2 and the lights on the green truck were the right size john but both broken, even picked up a roll bar for me.  so let me know how you want to do this and we will get the stuff shipped. 

Looks cool don't it

Lance

datsunexcells

Lance, Thanks for checking on the lights; I'll disassemble the dash tomorrow, and get it packaged. By Monday I should have everything ready, and I'll contact you with details. Thanks Again, John

lancekilgore

what about the bumperettes, you still want them and I can get them in the mail or you want to wait until monday. 

Lance

datsunexcells

Lance, Your truck looks great!; the rool bar is a nice touch. I do want the bumperettes; I'll contact you on Monday with the shipping price, and like you suggested, you can discount that from what I owe you for the bumperettes, and I'll make the transfer via PayPal. John

lancekilgore

John and 71-512 send me your mailing address and I would understand if you don't want to post them so send it to my Email: [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]  really like to get this stuff out of here tommorow.  Got to start workin on Tuesday.  found a second job to start paying my wife back for the truck.  (Wifes) Gotta love um.

If you want to make sure you get my right paypal name send me yours and I will pay you .05 cents and when you get it you should get mine. 

Lance

lancekilgore

Ok got it figured out send the money through paypal to [url=mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url].

Lance

71-521

will do friday...
thanks again

71-521

Done...thanks again!

Return to “Datsun 620”