keyless entry problem

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
gray240sx

my keyless entry is not working on my 95 240sx se. the batteries were just replaced and nothing happened. whats the problem?

Two-Forty

there could be a million things, best bet is to go buy urself a new alarm by viper or seomthing...save urself thr trouble and plus keyless entry sucks, you don't want ur nice s14 to get stolen, so 2 birds wid one stone.

R240NA

Two-Forty wrote:there could be a million things, best bet is to go buy urself a new alarm by viper or seomthing...save urself thr trouble and plus keyless entry sucks, you don't want ur nice s14 to get stolen, so 2 birds wid one stone.

??? The SE keyless entry is ALSO an alarm system. Why go buy a new alarm when you only need a remote? THINK before you post please.

drjohn

Check and make sure all your fuses are good. You may need them reprogrammed. Get in the car close the door and lock the doors with the electric door lock button. Insert the key in and out of the ignition 6-7 times in 10 secs. but not real fast. The hazards in the dash will flash a couple of times and then push the lock button on one remote. Unlock and lock the doors again and push the lock button on the second remote. The hazards should flash each time, this tells you the remotes are programmed. If this doesn't work you will need to have it checked. Unlocking the door and opening it will exit the program.

Leeloo95

Hey drjohn, I'm sorry to bring up such an old post but I've done some searching and it seems that you're the guy I should direct my question to.

My sister just got her drivers license and a 95 240SX SE. The lady she bought it from didn't have the keyless entry remote and I want to get one for my sister. I searched on ebay but there are no remotes for 240SX's. Would any of the other Nissan remotes work for her car? Say one like this for a 95-99 Maxima.

If a maxima remote won't work will any others? Or does anybody know where I can find a remote for a good price anywhere else online? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Leeloo95

Leeloo95 wrote:Hey drjohn, I'm sorry to bring up such an old post but I've done some searching and it seems that you're the guy I should direct my question to.

My sister just got her drivers license and a 95 240SX SE. The lady she bought it from didn't have the keyless entry remote and I want to get one for my sister. I searched on ebay but there are no remotes for 240SX's. Would any of the other Nissan remotes work for her car? Say one like this for a 95-99 Maxima.

If a maxima remote won't work will any others? Or does anybody know where I can find a remote for a good price anywhere else online? Thanks in advance for all your help.

bump

Leeloo95

Leeloo95 wrote:Hey drjohn, I'm sorry to bring up such an old post but I've done some searching and it seems that you're the guy I should direct my question to.

:help

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”