Some ******** keyed my Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

This past saturday night into sunday morning, some mofo keyed the **** outta my Rogue. The entire back bumper, left corner of the front bumper, and part of the hood got keyed. I went to local Nissan dealer to figure out how much its gonna cost me to figure out how much its gonna cost me. Apparently, one of the SA's that I regularly get, said that I need to replace the whole rear bumper, which costs $381 (including tax), finish it in ABM, and install it, which would be over $500. And at this rate I am unsure what to do, since I can easy apply touch-up paint on the areas that got messed up, but the texture part is where I am really confused. Input is much appreciated!

The scratch on the rear bumper is a huge a$$ straight line going from left to right, also the same thing for the texture portion of the bumper.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Your insurance will cover this.

Who did you piss off?

AlabamaDan
Car: 2015 Infiniti Q70
1998 Infiniti QX4

That's such a cheap cowardly act. I would rather someone stand up to me face to face.

datechboss101

darylzero wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:29 pm
Your insurance will cover this.

Who did you piss off?
I never pissed off anyone, and it doesn't make any sense since barely anyone knows where I even live or even knew that I was visiting my family over the weekend. I am going to talk with my insurance tomorrow, cause I really don't wanna drive in a scratched up vehicle. My OCD will be kicking in high.
AlabamaDan wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:34 pm
That's such a cheap cowardly act. I would rather someone stand up to me face to face.
Agreed!

AlabamaDan
1998 Infiniti QX4

$500 total to fix.... I'd save some money and do it. It would bother me completely and $500 isn't worth the insurance claim.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Never heard about replacing a whole bumper because of a paint scratch.

Pretty stupid if that was the case.

When my bumper was damaged many years ago, it ended up two holes about 1-2 inch in size in addition to scuffed up paint scratches etc.

Point is they took off the bumper and melted the holes shut and repainted.

The insurance company had it repaired at a Chevrolet body shop.

Get someplace to repaint the bumper only.

Since you didn't piss anybody off, it must have been some douch bag who was jealous of your vehicle.

Was it just cleaned and wax?

Sometimes a nice wax job just invites a low life to mess with a new looking car.

Family get along with the neighbors?

Any bored toddlers with rocks?

Pretty messed up that whoever did it, rubbed it in your face by doing both bumpers.

That some malicious crap to actually go up somebody's driveway and go through that effort.

You might need to invest in a dashcam with parking mode.

You would have had them for sure with cams aimed at your front and back.

You would even get notified when motion is detected.

Might not work as well during night though, but better than nothing.

Best to garage it during the family visits.

I know it's a hassle but it's the messed up world we live in.

datechboss101

I have a $50 dashcam that doesn't stay put most of the time, but it has two cameras. Im still playing around with the settings and may need to hardwire it. The reason I am doing a insurance claim is that Nissan being a s*** show, made the texture part (that black part of the bumper) attached to the bumper as one piece. My dad is now going to be investing in a huge security camera system, because of this issue. And my Rogue is filty af on the front bumper. Also, I just had a 33 minute conversation with the insurance and they filed this under comprehensive claim, which for me is $100 deductible, and I still don't understand if my premiums will raise or not, since I am not at fault and I have been a good driver, by avoiding tickets and driving safely.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Most shops tend toward bumper cover replacements at ANY damage, the shops generally push for it as it generates more money. Even if they had the pieces to weld back up into it. The excuse would be that the repair would crack out later and does not last as long. It's actually all about wasting as much cash as they can to put in their own pockets like most businesses do nowadays.

One thing I learned being in a super high crime area at night for many years........NEVER wash your car, it will save you break-in after break-in. Time and again the cars parked on both sides of mine both got broken into over and over while they never touched mine. Buy the lower end car and don't wash it, they won't touch it unless you leave it unlocked.

datechboss101

I always lock my car and double check to make sure its locked. Im just very confused on who would do this such horrific crime, especially when the is ALWAYS parked on the driveway (gotta love 2 car garage), since we got our Acura MDX. Both parents vehicles are in the garage while Im in college, and I always try to park the vehicle Im driving in a garage. Also, I dont regular wash my Rogue, as it gets covered with bird crap and bugs every weekend. Also I might invest in a nose mask (whatever those front bumper covers are called these days) to protect the paint.

datechboss101

UPDATE: So I dropped off the Rogue, and the price quote was a whopping $1100, where I only have to pay a $100 deductible. insurance is going to repaint the entire hood, front bumper, and rear bumper, but also going to buff out the scratch on the drivers door. I really hope I get my Rogue back soon, as it will look brand spanking new though.

prj
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue. 2004 Nissan Titan

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:58 am
This past saturday night into sunday morning, some mofo keyed the **** outta my Rogue. The entire back bumper, left corner of the front bumper, and part of the hood got keyed. I went to local Nissan dealer to figure out how much its gonna cost me to figure out how much its gonna cost me. Apparently, one of the SA's that I regularly get, said that I need to replace the whole rear bumper, which costs $381 (including tax), finish it in ABM, and install it, which would be over $500. And at this rate I am unsure what to do, since I can easy apply touch-up paint on the areas that got messed up, but the texture part is where I am really confused. Input is much appreciated!

The scratch on the rear bumper is a huge a$$ straight line going from left to right, also the same thing for the texture portion of the bumper.
Not sure why you went to a Nissan dealer, let alone why you are looking for input from this forum. This is a pretty simple proceess.

Step 1. Contact your insurance company.
Step 2. Bring the car to the local body shop
Step 3. Pay your comprehensive deductible.
Step 4. Drive away with a repainted vehicle.

datechboss101

prj wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:09 am
datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:58 am

Not sure why you went to a Nissan dealer, let alone why you are looking for input from this forum. This is a pretty simple proceess.

My Nissan dealer has a body shop lol... Also, I thought I could do this as a DIY project.

And, this was my first time filing a claim and going to a body shop and getting this issue resolved. Also, there shouldn't be an issue on me getting input from fellow Nissan owners.

prj

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:15 am
prj wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:09 am

My Nissan dealer has a body shop lol... Also, I thought I could do this as a DIY project.

And, this was my first time filing a claim and going to a body shop and getting this issue resolved. Also, there shouldn't be an issue on me getting input from fellow Nissan owners.
Why would you need input from fellow Nissan owners regarding someone that keyed your car?

This is a pretty straightforward ordeal no matter if it was Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Ford or Dodge.

Your car got keyed, file a claim and move on.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

That last response was flippant and dismissive; It accepts action like that as normal and that is borderline warped.

Showing that maybe some people DO deserve it.

datechboss101

Prj, I am basically a newbie to driving, and haven't had a full year with my license. So this thing is new to me, especially while I am doing this without getting any help from my parents.

But either way, I am in the process and looks like I am getting my Rogue back by tomorrow evening.

prj

datechboss101 wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:32 pm
Prj, I am basically a newbie to driving, and haven't had a full year with my license. So this thing is new to me, especially while I am doing this without getting any help from my parents.

But either way, I am in the process and looks like I am getting my Rogue back by tomorrow evening.
Your parents are a great resource.

AlabamaDan
1998 Infiniti QX4

As a first year driver, one thing to consider is going to be the impact that claim will have on your premium rates. I'd have a good conversation with your insurance agent and see what the long term impact may be to your rates.

It sounds like you've got a good plan if you proceed. Fixing all those things is awesome and a $100 deductible is incredible. My deductible is $1000.

When you pick it up, be sure to check everything very carefully and make sure there's no overspray, blemishes in the paint, etc.

amc49
'17 Nissan Altima

'...$100 deductible is incredible.'

X2, somebody is paying a lot for insurance.

prj

It's a comprehensive claim, so since it wasn't his fault his rates should not change. If they do, then it's time to find a different insurance company.

As far as the $100 deductible...What's so surprising about that? When you get car insurance you get to pick the deductible you want starting at $100 and usually going up in increments to $1000. My comprehensive and collision deductibles are $250.

datechboss101

So I got the Rogue back last night, and looked at the rates that they charged, and I am kinda glad, since it added up to $1100 + change. Speaking of insurance companies, I have a clean driving record of no tickets nor accidents, and I spent a good 20 minutes talking with insurance company to make sure my rates doesn't change.

I have to look at the areas in bright sunlight tomorrow to check for blemishes, oversprays, etc. Next, step is whats the best dashcam and how do I hotwire/hardwire (not sure what's the correct term) to the vehicle, to make sure that next time if anything happens it will be caught on camera.

Return to “Rogue Forum”