Key system error, does driver seat matter?

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
KP916
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport

Hey guys, first time poster. I’ve been searching all over the internet and I can’t find any help. I bought a 2014 Q50S RWD flood from the auction. The car came in with no key. To begin the car wouldn’t light up, I pull BCM and it’s flooded bad. I replaced it with a used one from a non flooded parts car, the car now lights up. I order a brand new key from dealer and have a locksmith come program the key. The key gets programmed we get the successful steering lock registration complete, and now the ignition opens and everything in the car works. Yay. The only problem? “Key System Error” and the car won’t start, won’t even attempt to crank. I’m no electrician but I’ve been digging through the BCM and LAN pdfs provided on this great website and found some rather interesting stuff. My driver seat was flooded and wouldn’t work, at the point the entire interior of the car is stripped and carpet removed besides the dashboard and all it’s components. Everything I assume is related to key system is plugged in, except the seat. So the reason I’m here is hopefully to find some help, but really to ask if the driver seat module has anything to do with the key system error? Do the seatbelt plugs have anything to do with the car starting? Those were corroded too. Does anyone know if the BCM needed to be reprogrammed? It was the exact part number. I have a million questions but if anyone can help in any way I’m always listening. Please and thank you!

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Well I don't know if this is true or even would apply in your case but I read somewhere that a locksmith can only make the door locks and windows work and to make everything work it has to be taken to a dealer to program with their computer as the vehicle anti-theft system is preventing the vehicle to start.

But, if that is the case you would assume the locksmith and/or dealer you purchased the key from would have told you this.

KP916

The thing is, after the locksmith, I did take the car to the dealer. They had it for a few days they told me they can’t find the problem, I never asked if they programmed the key but when I brought the car back and turned ignition on it said steering lock registration complete which is what it said after the locksmith finished programming. I’m assuming they tried

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Do you have a seat to hook back up and see? That would be the easiest.

KP916

Hey, fixed the key issues, it was the BCM my electrician copied all the info from my old BCM into the new one. Now car cranks. New problem. Fuel pump won’t get a signal so no fuel is being pumped, car won’t start. Fuel pump was removed and tested to work. I believe it’s an ECU issue now. Any thoughts would be great.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”