Key Port Light ?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Chelsea John
Car: EX35

Should there be a light around the Key port ?
Always have difficultly locating in the dark !

jakenbake
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35

I believe there are a couple of lights on either side of the port. But why are you using it all? It doesn't do anything and its only purpose is to act as a backup when the battery in the keyfob is dead.

Chelsea John

I dont see any lights on mine. I have my keys attached to the remote thus mainly use it as a place where I know where
they are. Dont like keys in my pocket.
When you open the door the 'chime' goes off until I remove it, thus know i wont lock them in.

Teknical
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD

Here you can see it's got 2 lights on the sides that blink when the door is open and the key is in. There are white plastic on the sides. Skip to time 8:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clGg8h72RQc

Chelsea John

checked the video Teknical. Thank you. I will investigate this furthur...most likely when weather is a bit warmer !!

jakenbake
Car: 2009 Infiniti EX35

Well I do understand needing a place to put them. I love our cars but one of my biggest complaints is the lack of space on the center console for drinks, keys, or cell phones. Makes sense that the key port is a good spot for you to hold them. But you have no need to worry about locking the keys in the car even if you don't use the key port. If you leave the keys anywhere in the car then lock and close the door, the car will instantly unlock and then will beep rapidly to indicate that you left the keys in the car. That is just one of the advantages to having intelligent keys...next to impossible to lock yourself out.

Chelsea John

I do realise the feature of the intel keys. Coming from a history of keyed ingnition vehicles to this one I guess its just habit to have a set location to have my keys.
I hear your complaint about lack of space in the center console !!
Appreciate all the comments.
Cheers...

Teknical
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD

I put it in the little cubby in the door handle when I'm on long trips and if I'm tired of having something in my pocket.

JS37

Just looked at the manual yesterday. Isn't the light only on when the key fob battery is low?

Chelsea John

" Isn't the light only on when the key fob battery is low? "

Not sure..Havent had a chance to look at this, not high in the ever increasing list of things to do !!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”