Key not detected. Both of them?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Dosmastr
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

Hi,

2011 rogue sv with 2 fobs. 127k
They proxy unlock thus far works fine, no "low battery" warning since I changed the battery in one a year ago.

My wife and I both were sitting in the car and we both had our fobs on us, car said key not detected.
Worked fine this morning but on Friday the proxy unlock worked without the ignition detecting the key once inside.

I searched but I keep finding "change you batteries!" and not much else.
One fob had the Batt changed a year ago I think they other was 2 years ago... I don't think they both died at the same time.

This is one of those times I'm glad my car doesn't have a button start, so glad it still has a traditional key that I can whip out (and in!) !

Dosmastr
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SV

Trying to find a component list now maybe the car's inside antennas going or something

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Dosmastr wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:38 pm
Trying to find a component list now maybe the car's inside antennas going or something
That would be very unusual, the antennas themselves are sealed units and rarely fail. When we do occasionally see problems in the car, it's usually with the BCM or wiring and not the antennas.

Your voltmeter can tell you if the fob batteries are good, 3.00V is the cutoff. Lithium coins have a cliff-like discharge curve, at 3.00V or higher they're healthy, at 2.99V they're about to die, at 2.96V they're completely crapped. You wouldn't be the first person to get shelf-discharged batteries from the store or some oxide on the fob contacts or battery surface causing poor current delivery. Phones are also a major source of intermittent issues, if it was updating in your pocket while you were trying to start the car then it's entirely possible your signal was temporarily drowned.

Return to “Rogue Forum”