key light no start. (after 1 failed start)

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
new06m35influv
Car: '06 M35 Sport Edition

Following you guys and reading for a while finally joined. Have a major issue single dad with a nine-year-old daughter and this is our only vehicle right now

06 m35 sport edition

Put some seafoam in booster vac. line to clean intake and valves let it sit on there after injected then went to start it and of course don't fire immediately with seafoam and normally you would turn the key until it fired on a car with key not push start.

So I tried one time stumbled and went to try to push it to restart again the little yellow key light comes up. You push the start goes to ACC first push. Push again moves to On. The little sign comes up to show you to step on the brake as normal the same results. Seems power has been shut off to just about everything seen on the steering column lock issue that you're able to still operate certain things this seems to have cut your power to being able to use the pwr seats Windows door locks key fob or panel the steering wheel was not locked so checked into that problematic issue & same results

Haven't ever had issues out of the car checked the battery checked the fuses replace key fob battery unplug car battery let everything reset checked in to the column lock that people were complaining about nothing has changed still same status.

Seen the key lock sign can stand for an engine fault issue when it died or a intelligent key problem

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Apologies but I struggled to follow your issue. Is the car not cranking? Or is it cranking and not actually firing? Do you hear anything when you push the button?

new06m35influv

The only thing you hear is like a power relay turn on under the left hand side of the dash above the fuse box no crank at all soon as you open the door the key fault light is on you hit the brake and and hold the start button the lights on it the start button well illuminate to on like normal and that's it the brake lights is the only thing that seems to be working seems like it's in some type of lock out mode

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Any codes?

new06m35influv

no codes on OBD2 don't have the Nissan controller or something like that I think it's called the tester you see in the full service manual and no lights on – except for that key light and the LCD showing you to put your foot on the brake I noticed the steering wheel wasn't in the lock position so I went after that fault I've seen people having issues with and didn't change nothing works like the module supposed to

new06m35influv

I'm hoping to be home in the next hour at the most and I'm going to look into the ipdm more and swap some of the relays and see if maybe by chance one went just because I've noticed on these Infinities I've seen stuff out of nowhere not work when some fuse or relay blows that should have nothing to do with that part of the circuit I'm working on this every day on average 5 to 6 hours between testing the brake pedal switch fuses wires doing research replace the battery on the key fob put it in the slot and it dings with the door open and the light beside it flashes like it normally does so I don't think it lost its identity

kmiles
Car: 2015 Q70 3.7 AWD - Hermosa Blue
Sold - 2007 M35x

I just wanted to be sure you've made sure that:

#1 - your car battery is fully charged
#2 - have you tried disconnecting the ground wire to battery over night and then reconnecting it in the morning - great time to charge the battery.
#3 - made sure you have a good battery in your remote

I would do all of those prior to swapping fuses and relays. These cars are usually rock solid. I know you've done some of these things, but it is worth trying once more and leaving the battery disconnected overnight while charging. Best wishes as this has be very frustrating.

new06m35influv

Actually got home later than I planned so I didn't flip flop any relays already checked every fuse twice now all 3 boxes and cleaned and checked every ground I could find on it and the first night I disconnected the ground and double checked the battery before during and afterwards and also checked it for a parasitic drain then last night I disconnected it and put it on a charger just in case and loaded it down in the morning before I went to work for about 5 to 10 minutes off and on to see how the capacitance was on the battery and recovered nice and quick and just as a precaution yesterday I grabbed another battery that I had that's about brand new an optimo put it beside the car and jumper the cables over to it so would have been running off just yet not jumping to the battery thats in it just to check and see. Her to just happen out of nowhere whenever was just restarting in my opinion something's got to be locked out,disabled or blown something somewhere but as much as that's worth these days I continue to get change back LOL got to find some humor somewhere oh and yes on the key fob tried 2 new batteries just for S & G's

new06m35influv

Going back through both manuals again to see exactly what it says about the symbol with the key I found an area in the service manual dead tells you when you hit the start button vagos start exhilarating or start to zileri to on with no start it tries to explain what the computer is recognizing as in PowerUp protocol or standard of what it could be missing) but a lot of that i need oscilloscope which I don't have anymore or they're fancy tool to check and I don't see going that far in checking some of this stuff as highly coincidental that blew something or something went out that's recognized in that sequence at the same time as the no start due to seafoam being in the cylinders)

Ilya

Sorry man but your posts are REALLY hard to follow. I'm guessing you're typing on a phone and auto correct is not helping (exhilarating? zileri?). That being said, Seafoam has absolutely nothing to do with this. This problem is electrical in nature, not mechanical (internal to the motor). You may need to bite the bullet and take it to the shop. The Seafoam treatment and your issue starting are pure coincidence, I'm positive of that. I've been using Seafoam for years (in fact, I wrote the HowTo you probably followed).

new06m35influv

yes only have the phone for access at this time. But yes your also correct understand its electrical was meaning by the sea foam was when u let it set for the 2hrs to remove carbon the first time you go to start it it does not start. That normally a car with a key you would just keep cranking it. push button normally just try restarting again and it will start. But tryed to start it the 1st time and then it immediately went to this went to this no start mode

new06m35influv

is there any way to post a short video or able to email it somebody to make a link or something as can obviously see I'm not worth the damn @ explaining

Ilya

You can post a video on multiple image sharing platforms and then post the link here. YouTube, etc.

Have you tried starting the car with a booster pack attached to it?

new06m35influv

havent done that 1 yet. Wont crank monitoring battery with vdc/volt meter with the min max on never will even try to crank.

new06m35influv

https://drive.google.com/file/d/179H0wo ... p=drivesdk

Maybe that'll work haven't ever really posted videos usually just copy a standard url and send so please let me know if able to get to it and access it and also when I plugged my cheap cheap OBD2 into it OBD2 goes through its little startup sequence and then says communication error or cannot communicate whichever

new06m35influv

Ilya

Yeah you definitely have some weird electrical gremlin. I'd start with downloading the FSM in my signature if you haven't already and particularly looking at your IPDM and BCM modules. Maybe simply reseating the connections will help.

new06m35influv

ya been scrolling through the fsm for awhile. does it show a way of reseting bcm or ipdm looked into the steering wheel lock not that. what was weird is the steering wheel was not locked then. Then I'm also wondering about the Anti-Theft unit because I don't have the blinking light or anything at anytime in the center by the word security if maybe it went out. Looking over what the key light on the dash means. in the manual says steering wheel lock I took that damn thing out and tried it where would be in the lock position and in the unlock position both ways. when that thing malfunctions you can't even get it to go to ACC or on the other one that says is intelligent key failure pay the dealer

EdBwoy

Follow this link - major-fuses-relays-and-modules-and-thei ... 21712.html

Check fuses 6, 12 & 22 in the kick panel.
Then go to the IPDM and check relays for the starter & ignition
In front of the battery, inspect the 40A & 30A fusible links.

Check the exterior lamps (head, tail, fog) as well as the front wipers. Do any of them operate?
Unfortunately there isn't much you can do to test the BCM or IPDM by yourself. You might need to bite the bullet and take it to a dealership for diagnosis to save your time & frustration.

Also, my post isn't the gold standard of forum contribution, but feel free to use it as an example. As Ilya pointed out earlier - proper punctuation, proofreading & paragraph arrangement will go a long way in getting your message across as well as keeping more people engaged enough to want to respond.
Help us help you.

new06m35influv

Sorry about the punctuation and grammer. Only have the phone til can get house computer fixed. Fighting autocorrect and typing with fat thumbs. Will check these soon as I get to the house or first thing in the morning. Unfortunately right now would have sent it to the dealership if possible. But I have more time and patience than money. Got laid off only mode of transportation is the Infiniti. Been doing contract work with a couple friends. Been getting rides from them. But being a single dad with a nine-year-old daughter doesn't work out too well all the time. Right before got laid off. Spent monster savings for new shocks transcooler, replacement Bluetooth navigation box to regain control over the radio AC ect. and the valve covers to place because the gasket leaking. So If there is any way to test those or reset them besides disconnecting the battery( done few times) I can get a hand from my neighbor if it takes more than one person. Also wondering if there is any thoughts on that relay I'm hearing click on the back side of the fuse box?I know there's a blower an accessory one but not too sure why it would be the only thing hearing click on. Then any thoughts on what type of fault causes the hazards to only flash one time? Whenever you push the button.

new06m35influv

Sorry it took so long for a reply.I had to step back from it for a bit. I made it through the suggested test. Everything checked out good checking the relays by them self and fuses by them self. Just for giggles I disconnected battery discharge. System by connecting power and ground overnight. Mainly to reset Ecm. No change didnt think would be. However I did notice that when I'm outside the vehicle and hit the lock button on the remote. The right blinker only on the dash flashes once. Like I was saying before there's no security light at all blinking, flashing, or solid and when you hit the hazards. They flash once. Just thought I'd mention those things not sure if they mean anything. I checked and went through the steering locking mechanism when it's in the fail mode. The ign. button wont let u make it to acc. or on. Wondering what the accessory relay on the back of the fuse panel on the inside of the car goes to? Then with the OBD2 having no communication also starting to lean towards the BCM... the other one I was thinking about is the intelligent key module. But the car is recognizing the key when it's in the slot and when it's sitting in the car to turn it to the on position and telling me to hit the brake. The little key light is still on when it tells me to hit the brake and the brake lights come on when I hit brake. Also everything's dead before I get to that point so I don't think it's the brake sensor that's connected to the back of the pedal. In my opinion the Antennas for key are working. Because I walked all the way around the car and different sides and hit the lock button with and got the same result mentioned above. So the only thing I get is the little key symbol. The chime if I hit lock from inside the car. hazard lights blink one-time if I push the button. If I close the driver's door while I'm sitting in the car the rings around the gauges will come up. Push button ignition well light up tells you to hit brake. Brake lights will come on. hold start button down will move over to on can put it in ACC. Put the key in the slot the light beside it will come on if turn the key to off it'll beep and show let you show the symbol to pull the key out. No other commands will work on the key fob. Have to use the key to unlock or lock anything. Unless that accessory relay on the back of the fuse box does something. I'm back to the BCM and the intelligent key module. Please any thoughts at all besides dealership. :wtf2:

Ilya

I'd start with BCM but keep in mind you will likely have to program it.

new06m35influv

Before I spend the money to get a locksmith out when I get bcm looking at them on ebay now. Know if I'll be able to plug it in. And see a difference if that was it. I know it won't start or recognize my key. Should get some different type of result? Also pulled the fuse panel to look at those two relays last night. And when I turn it to acc or on both the relays are clicking on the accessory and the blower relay. Reading over the FSM again going to check the voltages on the connectors to the BCM in a few

new06m35influv

Before I spend the money to get a locksmith out when I get bcm looking at them on ebay now. Know if I'll be able to plug it in. And see a difference if that was it. I know it won't start or recognize my key. Should get some different type of result? Also pulled the fuse panel to look at those two relays last night. And when I turn it to acc or on both the relays are clicking on the accessory and the blower relay. Reading over the FSM again going to check the voltages on the connectors to the BCM in a few

new06m35influv

Sorry my screen refreshed didn't notice it posted twice. https://youtu.be/dMqLEjbK4FY
Ran into this doing some more research has anybody had an issue with this on these forms that you guys have seen?

One more quick question any idea what the ECU BCM amp meter does

Ilya

An unprogrammed (to your car) BCM will result in a no start, etc. among other things IIRC.

new06m35influv

Okay so I'm going to have the same results I have now. So I will not no much until I get it reprogrammed. As in no headlights or anyting

Ilya

Headlights might work but certain interior functions and key won't work for sure.

new06m35influv

Had it fixed and stuck again starter and fuse link terminal

Ilya

The fix was the starter and fuse link? Or are you saying it broke again after initial fix?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”