Key ID Incorrect, Battery Not Charging Fully, Alternator, Parasitic Drain

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
collectivizetwilight
Car: ???? Nissan Rogue

I'm looking for direction to resolve my Nissan Rogue's problem please.

Problem started when it would not start. I had seen a low battery message previously, but I didn't know what it applied to. So the first thing I did was change the key FOB battery. It still would not start until a jump. The new engine battery was 6 months old and is a 3 year battery.

Parts store testing showed alternator was bad. 4 alternators, 2 auto tensioners, 1 belt, many many key FOB batteries, and 2 independent mechanic visits later there are still issues. At first the battery was dead after 3 days of sitting. It's about every 5 days now. Still get the key ID incorrect error, have battery drain, and car lock issues. I think the problem is intermittent. Here are some things I find interesting.

One time at the part store with the current parts installed, it stated the alternator voltage regulator was bad.

Another time, I had the engine battery fast charged. I drove it after that and right when I parked it, the engine battery voltage had dropped significantly compared to when it was charged up.

The key ID incorrect message appears when I stand outside driver door and have my foot on the brake and try to start car. Key FOB is in my left pocket. With butt in seat, the error goes away.

When I unlock the car only after it has sit all night and open and shut a door immediately, it auto relocks after about 30 seconds. It does not matter which door. It does not matter which FOB. It should auto relock only if a door was not opened.

Return to “Rogue Forum”