Key Fob pairing for JDM

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
Jz1
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45

Hey guys,
I bought a 1994 JDM Q45 a few months ago, and I've finally gotten it sorted, except for one thing - I can't get a fob to pair with it. (Note - when I bought the car it only had the valet key. I bought an aftermarket fob from North coast keyless and had a local locksmith cut me a new master key)

I tried all of the methods available online, to no avail, so I took it to my local Infiniti dealer, where three techs tried for an hour to get it to pair. They also have gotten nowhere. Has anyone else run into this issue? Any G50 President owners out there with a similar problem? The car has central locking, so it seems like it should work, but it won't even go into programming mode - even at the Infiniti dealer.

Ryantzer
Car: 1990 Infiniti Q45

Have you confirmed that the car is actually equipped with a keyless entry module? I'm not sure where it would be located but the factory service manual should have more info on it.

98_Q45

I’m wondering the same thing for 98 q45, can’t find anything. I did find a similar looking Nissan Maxima fob that worked on my Maxima, but cracking open the case for the Q45, I couldn’t even get the shell casing to fit. I used to have the part in my cart online, but can’t find anything

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”