Key fob issue

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Bizzenn
Car: 2014 Q60 Journey
Z1 Intake Hoses
Top Speed Axleback exhaust
K&N Filters

I purchased a new key fob and had it programmed at the dealer. On 2 occasions the car did not recognize the key, nor would the buttons work. So I inserted it in the slot and the car started. After that it works fine and maybe a couple weeks later it does it again. It hasn't done it with the original yet but I haven't used it since this started. I've been using the new one. Anybody experienced this?

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Have you tried replacing the battery in the fob? It's possible you just have a weak battery.

I have this happen fairly often, but it's because I carry the fob for my wife's Rogue in my pocket next to my Q50 fob, and sometimes the car just latches onto the signal from my wife's key and won't change up until I touch the right key to the start button (which is the same as docking in your particular case).

Bizzenn
Z1 Intake Hoses
K&N Filters

I Hadn't checked the battery because it was a new fob. I haven't had any issues since the post.

Bizzenn
Z1 Intake Hoses
K&N Filters

I Hadn't checked the battery because it was a new fob. I haven't had any issues since the post.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”