Kenwood Double DIN GPS/DVD/CD Fitment

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
David_VG30DETT
Car: 1996 Nissan 300ZX TT S/N 258 of 300
2011 Nissan Altima SE Coupe
2021 Aprilia RSV4 Custom Build Superleggara

Considering a Kenwood Dbl DIN GPS/XM/DVD/CD unit for my '96TT-- Already have the Double-DIN Bezel which test fits fine but not sure which current Model Kenwood Head unit will fit in the DEPTH dimension - I *do* know the unit needs to be a front loading Sgl. DVD/CD type because the depth of the Dbl-DIN Bezel gets in the way of units which have a vertically sliding facia.
Already converted from BOSE amplified speakers to Infinity Kappa's front and rear and installed the Rear View Camera and run dedicated wiring to all. Have a Sgl. DIN SONY unit installed now just to have XM while I search for a Double-DIN unit which will fit.

Anyone have some hands-on experience with how deep any unit can be without hitting the tubular structural steel bar behind the console ?

scottgas
Car: 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A steel roof

unless you NEED a head unit that takes a cd/DVD, they make slim head units now that are only about half the depth of a standard unit but no disc capability

scottgas
Car: 1996 Nissan 300ZX N/A steel roof

Kenwood DMX125BT

this is an example of what I mean

David_VG30DETT
Car: 1996 Nissan 300ZX TT S/N 258 of 300
2011 Nissan Altima SE Coupe
2021 Aprilia RSV4 Custom Build Superleggara

Yes, one of the required features IS a disk player - that's what makes this unit selection difficult - I am aware of the easily installable non-disc and mounted pedestal/external screen type units - The model DMX125BT you show as an example doesn't have a GPS feature, which is also one of the required aspects of whatever unit I select - Basically, it needs to have the features I mentioned in the thread and it's gotta fit within the Double-DIN ISO standard size bezel w/o hitting the tubular steel structural frame member located directly behind the bezel area in the dashboard or having to hack into the car with any irreversible modification - Maybe I'm asking for a lot, but that's what I'm looking for - price isn't an issue -

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”