KADET with 650+

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Before we get carried away, I'd like to lay down some guide rules to this thread. Please try to keep all the info pertaining to the thread topic. I'm not interested in what you have. I'm interested in how you got there. I won't be using any mass production turbo kits.

The engine will be built from the ground up by me. Accept for things such as machine work.

I'm always happy to increase my knowledge base. So any tips or sites to search through are welcome. I just don't want this to run away like the last thread I started, Quick KADET's.

If we get some good discussion here, we can all learn somthing.

WD

george
Car: autocross

If i was to build a 650bhp KA24de i would need the following parts"

fully counter balanced crank for high rpm and reduced negative harmonics can be obtained from AEBS

four titanium rods, for reduced weight and thus allowing increased revs.

Ross pistons compression ratio 8.2:1 i like Ross cuz their pistons are some of the toughest on the market.

Nissan motor sport bearings. these hold oil so in high g corners the engine wont break a rod due to lack of lubrication.

Head work i would keep to a minimum, springs, retainers, a light port, and JWT cams. ARP head studs and 2mm head gasket from Backyard productions.

Intake plenum from area 51 in LA, cuz 650hp worth of air flow you would need a better intake mani. Area 51 can get it to you in about 4 weeks.

equal lenght stainless steel exhaust mani, turbo i would go with the gt3037 and the rest of the power i would get from nitrous as that would cool the intake charge and pick up the power.

engine management i would go with SDS as they have excellant customer support and you dont have to have a pHd in engineering to talk to the boys at SDS. the JWT fuel rail is rated to flow up till 700, so i would stay with that and run 1000cc injectors. no secondaries cuz then it gets too complicated and looks like crap.

i would stay away from alcohol injection and water injection. water injection is just a band aid for a poorly tuned or build engine a well tuned engine shouldnt detonate. alcohol injection is just too hard to manitain and too suseptable to external forces ie dirty, vibration, heat. i would shoot for around 500 with the turbo and the rest from nitrous so the car drives somewhat smooth and you could use it a a road course as the lag wont be uncontrolable

so thats it i think that you could get around 600 to the wheels with the above parts.

kansaidrift

Hey George, nobody cares what you think, cause everybody thinks you suck. On top of that, now your contradicting yourself, in qiuck KA's you specifically said JWT sucked. Not to use them. Now that doesn't seem to be the case? Hmmm. Oh, and the nissan motorsports bearings don't hold oil genius. Maybe you should read Chris May's page a little better. Sunbelt used same Nissan Motorsports bearings out of the Nasport motors. They took the bearings and cut a grove down the middle, this is what holds extra oil in case of high g loads. Maybe you should read that post a little better. Second off, for those of us who are not so well endowed with connections, where can we get an affordable set of titanium rod's? Why not just get pistons and crank with that too? Hell, i'll just have a machine shop smelt me a titanium block. Oh, and i thought you had motec engine management. If thats the case why do you suggest sds. Beings that money is not an issue for you why don't you have an sds system? Have a nice day genius.

george

i dont care what everybody thinks. second off there is no such thing titanium pistons, or a titnium crank cuz forged steel is a better material for the crank. JWT does suck but i would use their cams. Nissan motor sport does make bearings that hold oil as of lately. SDS is a great system and as i said the tech support is good. and i just cuz i have motec doesnt mean i cant recommend SDS.

kansaidrift

Really george, no such thing as titanium pistons. Thats funny cause TRD made a set for there celica, it supports 500hp. Oh and not to mention there's a guy down in wichita who works at boeing (not sure if i spelled that right). Who not only has titanium pistons, but a full titanium reciprocating assembly as well as tatanium cylinder sleeves. This is on a 2000 full size chevy suburban. It has twin blowers and it would blow your fantasy 240 off of the road. You suck, why won't you go away.

george

yeah TRD a company that rebuild thier car after every race, i guess you could fabricate them and replace them after every race. i was thinking more on the lines of reliable. oh i am not going anywhere unfortunately or you i am here to stay and my 240 would smoke that suburban. and i know for sure i am faster than you.

kansaidrift

Yes george we are all looking for a reliable 650hp car. Especially from a KA, that would have to be in an extreme state of tune to make that sort of power. And by the way that TRD celica is not a drag car, its a daily driver. Oh and i thought you said your car runs 10's, hmm, that suburban runs 9's, that would mean you would lose right? Oh and i admit you are faster than me. In fact you are ten times faster than me. You know how i know? Your girlfreind told me :pface

psyclone69

kansaidrift, you're an ***, someone just asked for some simple help, george gave it to him, go bug someone on a honda forum.

george

Kansaiddrift the celica is not a daily driver its a pure drag car that runs race gas and it totally unstreetable. and i will not resort to juvenile name calling like yourself cuz i disagree with one's opinion, i have respect for everybody's opionion on this forum and view it as a source of learning and interacting with other 240sx owners. and i will not name call even to insult an individual such as yourself. oh tell your mother not to wait up

Dendog247

kansaidrift, you need to calm your *** down, everybody has the right to there own opinion. George said that he has motec, which is not extactly a system that everyone can buy and tune. That's probably why he recommends sds because it is affordable and a 1000 times better than JWT

TrueSlide
Car: Stuff

Ya kansaidrift, you should shut your mouth :) I mean for someone who still has hubcaps is getting a start on the wrong foot. And WDRacing was asking how to get their, and what george said about the process of getting their sounds legit to me. So before your spout off about how you much you thinking he is lying or sucks, read his post, and everything he listed sounds like a very effective way of achieving the goal of around 650+ hp.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”