KADET Strange Voltage Drop At Alternator

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Bacon0425
Car: 1990 S13 Hatch

OK so Im having an interesting problem but let me start off by saying we are talking about a 1990 S13 Hatch and my issue is my alternator is not charging my battery now I know this because 2 weeks ago I did a voltage drop test on the alternator and it read somewhere around 11V cant remember for sure but about that area. So if I attempt to start my car the starter will click but theres no crank lights work fans work but not enough power to crank but when I apply jumper cables and jump the car it will start first try then when I remove the cables the car will stay running for a bit then slowly use the power from the battery until it eventually bogs and dies from the alternator not sending power to the battery then if I try to start it after it has bogged and died sure enough starter clicks but no crank. So I proceeded to replace my alternator this past weekend assuming that it was the alternator that was the problem but I still have all the same problems. Now my theories that I have gathered from reading forums of ppl with similar problems are possibly a bad ground to the chassis or intake mani or a blown fuse. Im going back to work on the car this weekend I was hoping for some helpful suggestions on stuff to check or maybe you had this problem and know the easy fix? The battery was purchased brand new so I don't belive its a problem with the battery but I haven't had the chance to do a test to properly rule that out but I don't think that's the issue. Please help me haha

wa-chiss
Car: 1990 Nissan S13 H/C KA24E
2005 Toyota Sequoia
1976 Honda CB750F Super Sport

To be clear, how did you have your test leads hooked up to the system and on what setting was your meter?

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”