Kade egine swap?? No start

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
driftneil
Car: A pile of cars.

Hello all, I recently swapped a newer motor in my car. In the process, I did a 5 speed swap. I Changed the whole front engine harness, so the clutch pedal was needed to start the car. This also made it possible to use the 5 speed trans harness with no cutting of the harness. I dont have the drive shaft installed, or anything past the header i.e. rear o2 and piping. The only thing I can think that would make it not start would be the interior harness not being 5 speed. Because there is a big plug, that went into the auto trans control device. That was under the driver dash, and not used any more. Any input would be great....Thanks guysThe car is a 97 240, se. With a stock ka24de.And the car turns over, but the fuel pump is not coming on.

Modified by driftneil at 9:38 PM 5/19/2009
Modified by driftneil at 10:45 AM 5/20/2009

driftneil

Does the 97 have a different wiring for the fuel pump relay? It's a 96 harness up till the body harness.....

driftneil

Does anyone know if the 96 front engine harness is compatable with the 97 body harness? I get power to the fuel pump fuse, but no noise of the pump turning on.

lukbot
Car: 1991 240sx ka24de i/h/e, underdrive, 75 shot,

are u using the manual ecm or the automatic ecm? is the fuel pump getting power inthe key on engine off position? it should be...

driftneil

lukbot wrote:are u using the manual ecm or the automatic ecm? is the fuel pump getting power inthe key on engine off position? it should be...
Using the 5 speed ecu, and the fuel pump doesn't turn on at all. But the fuel pump fuse and relay gets power.

cscott89
Car: 91' Nissan 240sx

i have a 91 and have the same problem. except i swapped from a kae to a kade. Swapped the ecu, harness, power steering, and maf. It ran but i took it for a drive and the cluster of wires that run from the starter to the trans got ripped off. i swapped that whole starting/charging harness and it wont start now. Getting power to the ECI relay and pump fuse but no power to the pump there for no fuel. I have plenty of spark and compression but lacking on the fuel side of that equation.

HELP!

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”