KA24ET GT30R WOT +15psi +4500rpm issue....technical help

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
iamanonymous
Car: 1989 240sx Hatch KA24ET

Ok guys,
I don't usually post on Nicoclub, but there are so many people that are members here that i will give it a shot.
A little background for those that may not know me.
I have a built ka24e, used to have a 60 trim t3, fairly recently switched to gt30r. running ec402 as the brains of my bin. (reference eccs-tech if you're unfamiliar with ec402). its basically a custom U12 (stanza) automatic map with many years of trial and error by many on eccs-tech (hybridka). that being said, here's my setup:
z32 (n62) maf
rx7 550cc injectors
gt30r (.63 a/r)
93 octane
standard ignition

ONTO MY ISSUE:
I am currently trying to tune for above 15psi on my current map. Never was an issue before with the 60 trim, but now ive reached some major hiccups. The problem im having is, according to consult, at about 4500rpm wot at 14-15psi, the timing goes from 14* to 40*! afrs shoot to 13.2s. so yes, thats a problem. according to my maptrace on tunerpro rt, the tp values will shift from the "68" column at 14psi (where they should be) at 4500rpm to like 6 columns to the LEFT (meaning the vacuum section) hence the 38* timing values and 13.2 afrs. any idea why this is happening? Im attaching a pic of the log from ecutalk that kinda shows whats happening, if you know how to read it. Last night, i adjust the timing in the five left columns on the timing map to be the value of what is supposed to be the 15psi timing. just to see if i can at least run the right timing, and i never go above 4000rpm in vacuum.

SO IN A NUTSHELL......why are my tp values changing at wot at 4500 rpm?
Is it the maf? tps? k value? a small green monster?

screenshot of a couple of the log values.....
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... helpme.jpg

screenshot of how my timing map SHOULD look at this time
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... ingmap.jpg

put direct links in for if the pics dont load......

iamanonymous

ok so my "trick" worked. heres some screenshots of the log and my current map.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... ricked.jpg

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb30 ... ingmap.jpg

these pics were from me adjusting the 4500rpm+ values. i have now adjusted 4000rpm+ due to a lean spot. alls well. just kinda tricked.......
why is the tp value shifting to the left columns?

compactfean
Car: 89 240sx s13 sr gt3071r 23psi
B14 sentra ser sr20de-t 7psi
daily

I would suspect the Turbo change to cause this because of the difference in airflow at the specific rpm's. Now when your boosting you are able to hit certain spots on the mapping grid that was impossible to go into with the old turbos efficiency. Are you tuning each individual cell or overall?

iamanonymous

I definitely agree with your statement that its possible I never actually hit that much maf voltage. I'm still in the "general tuning" phase as I am trying to figure out cause of switch. Again, the map is addressing the correct tp values UNTIL 4000rpm, then it shoots over to the left columns. If I pass my max tp, (in this case 80) it would still just maintain those numbers regardless, it wouldn't "start at the beginning"
Does that make sense?
Thanks for your reply

compactfean
daily

That's really weird...it usually keeps going gradually to the bottom right corner of the grid....its almost like your having a sudden voltage drop from the maf. Have you datalogged just the maf?

iamanonymous

No I haven't but it does show the voltage on the logs......
I have done a "bandaid" fix for now, but I really need to get the cause figured out.
Any ideas?

compactfean
daily

bare with me here, i have plaid around with my software and am ready to tune my own stuff and am in the learning stage of how my emu works but whats is your "tp" value? and why does it go up to 80? my emu i can tune from rpm and tps or maf voltage and neither, on my graphs would have a reason to go up to 80. maybe im just not familiar with your software but either way if you jump to the left of the graph your "tp" is getting a sudden loss of signal...which from a tuning aspect is pretty scary. do you have a way to data log everything on a grid and a line graph at the same time and see where in your line graph your having a hickup in one of your voltage readings?

iamanonymous

I wish I could graph it but unfortunately my consult readout is only excel format. I also have now way to log tp,
*****unless someone could write me a dashboard address file for tunerpro******
Please......
Ok, I'm done begging. Also, the only program I have that could log tp (calumsult tp) I cannot get to connect at all.....argh

compactfean
daily

So I did some research on the hole tp value and wow what a mess. There are alot of people having your same issue. I was curious so I just had to know what's up with this tuning method. And it seems like a pain to datalog the tp value (its been done by some smart ecu hackers ) and not to mention tp value is just a theorized load value so for trouble shooting wont really give you any idea why there's a glitch. Man im glad I have the emu! And I thought figuring out my emu was a pain.

compactfean
daily

Fyi if you don't get any help in the kat forum then yell at outtowinpahc. He is the one that switched you over here. He should be able to switch it back.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”