KA24E-t help

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
vududoc
Car: drag drift autox

Need the info Ok......... im hooking up a turbo on a KA24E. I already have a garret T3 45trim w/internal [email protected], upgraded FP, fairly new tranny, DF clutch, New lifters and timing chain, new emisions SYSTEM (yeah i know) and sensors. had my injectors r/r with flowrates.

My dilema is on the intercooler. Ive been scavanging the junkyards for a FMIC but what will fit? And what is over kill? I heard starion intercoolers are popular and the volvo 760 as well(the thing is HUGE). so what to do?

Aside from that are there any other recommedations? Im On A Budget too. OBTW this will be a full blown string when i complete the setup so all your help is appreciated.

technoman
Car: puss

Go with the Volvo or Isuzu Box truck diesel intercooler they are the best you will find.

vududoc

thats what i was thinking. the volvo looks like a radiator which is a plus. Now since i have an 89 do you think there will be a problem with the fit and finish??????

technoman
Car: puss

I know the Isuzu one fits great. I’m sure the Volvo will to. you will need to do some fabricating to your finder to mount it. Box truck only.

Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

I was able to pick up an 89 starion intercooler for under a hundred bucks. Whether or not the isuzu one is better, anything is sure better than 400+ for a new one, or at least it is to me.:D

vududoc

i agree totally!:D I have access to a volvo, talon, saab right now. online i can get the starion. i dont think that i'll get the talon b/c it is a fender well type. so out of the volvo, saab, and conquest(starion) do you guys think?

Oh and how does that conquest one fit????????????????

Turbo_Nismo_EC
Car: My truck...of course

Well, I own a 95 nissan truck, so all I had to do was space back my radiator and swap to an electric fan, and it fits great.

vududoc

so then i should have enough room easy.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”