ka24e stalls under load/wont run with MAF plugged in

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
dsilvia89
Car: 1989 Nissan Silvia

Hey everyone, I just picked up a 240 for my gf today. Bone stock ka24e :chuckle: Shes gonna drive it for this year with the stock motor, and swap an sr this winter. Anyway...

So, it starts pretty good and idles real good BUT when you plug in the MAFs it dies immediately.

With the MAF unplugged I can only rev it to 2600rpm MAX, rough the whole way up pretty much.

I figured, well it runs good without the MAF and when you plug it in, it dies..Gotta be a faulty MAF right?

So I had a known good sr20det maf laying around, I did some research and found i can use it. So i wired it up...

sr20 A -> ka24 black/white +12
sr20 B -> ka24 black GND
sr20 c -> ka24 white SIGNAL

Someone PLEEEEASE correct me if this wiring is wrong. This pinout is not from a reliable source, nor can i find one.

I ran the car with the sr20 maf wired in this way... It ran the exact same as before EXCEPT it didnt die with the MAF plugged in.

So I am thinking that IF it is wired properly...something else is wrong.
But I cannot confirm that its wired properly right now (i'll bust out the multimeter tomorrow).

Can anybody confirm the maf is wired properly?

Does anybody have any first hand experience with this issue?

Razi
Car: Moo

Don't the two MAFs share the same plug?
I didn't think you needed to rewire them since I heard the SOHC maf and SR20 mafs are interchangeable.

vocationalzero
Car: 92 Too For Dee
87 BMW 635 CSi
06 Dodge Dakota Night Runner Edition
06 Nissan Sentra S

The MAFs are interchangable, but you do have to rewire it. And I believe you got the new pin out right, as per frsport.com wiring guide.:
http://www.frsport.com/SR20DET-Swap-Eng ... _t_26.html

dsilvia89
Car: 1989 Nissan Silvia

Anybody else have any input on this?

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”