KA24e no oil pressure to head, clogged oil passage.

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Augustin54
Car: 1989 240sx -KA24e

I recently replaced my head gasket, timing chain, and guides. When I started it up there was insanely loud valve tick. I put in a different set of used lifters, and still the dreaded tick was still there. When i inspected my rockers and shafts they were "seized" or "marred" or whatever you call it. They weren't that way before I took them off which makes me think there is no oil pressure getting to my head. My oil pressure is reading 50 pounds at idle when I start it. I feel like some of the new RTV gasket maker got into an oil passage to the head and is blocking it. What is a way I can test to see if i am getting oil to my lifters/rockers/cams? I cant tell when i run it with no valve cover because the chain throws oil all the way to my hood and gets EVERYWHERE. And is there a way i can clean out the oil passage that runs down the head into the block, thru the timing cover and into the filter? Some type of pipe cleaner or pressurize it backwards with oil injected into it or something and then change the filter? This is just becoming a huge b****. :wtf2:

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”