ka24e- hydraulic valve lifters won't come off the rocker arms

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
leo88
Car: 240sx

So I did a timing belt job and still got a noise in the engine so I did some research and this horrible clanking sound I am hearing is most likely from the stuck lifters. Someone else has also told me this is common.

So I read the thread on this forum about cleaning them and I decided to give it a try but when I removed the rocker arms the lifters won't come out! From what I've read they are supposed to slide out with minimal effort but mine are all stuck and I have tried using everything to remove it including vice grips and an actual vice and it doesn't come out that damn bugger. Anybody can help me find a away to get them out?

I hope I don't have to buy new rockers cuz they are so expensive :(

leo88
Car: 240sx

This is the thread i was talking about, has pictures of the lifters in and out of the rocker arms

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/ka24e- ... epair.html

Timothy S
Car: 1998 Nissan Altima GXE, Auto RE4FO4A, KA24DE Engine

While I have never done this myself, the original post seems to recommend carb cleaner and small screwdrivers. Looks like the lifter should come off but the lash adjuster inside it is held in by a snap ring. Try more carb cleaner to losten up the lifter from the rocker arm.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”