ka24e engine....

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
240fastback
Car: cars...food...basketball

IS THERE A WAY THAT A MECHANIC CAN DO A DIAGNOSTIC TEST ON MY ENGINE AND TELL ME WHY I AM NOT GETTING THE ACCELERATION I AM SUPPOSE TO BE GETTING?!! :help

Daunttless

Your thread has been moved.

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

What, exactly, is your problem? Are you stoming the throttle and billowing black smoke? Is it idling rough? Are the RPMs fluctuating up and down at idle? Has your gas mileage gone thru the floor? Chances are you have a mechanical problem before a problem with your ECU. Check your plugs, wires, rotor, dist cap and air filter. Make sure you dont have a loose connectiong along your injectors or coolant temp or ignition coil. Your timing might be off. Theres literally hundreds of things that may be wrong that WONT show up as a code on your ECU, so paying someone $60 or so to hook it up to their diagnostic may or may not be worth it.

TrunkMonkey
Car: 2000 lincoln navigator

240fastback wrote:IS THERE A WAY THAT A MECHANIC CAN DO A DIAGNOSTIC TEST ON MY ENGINE AND TELL ME WHY I AM NOT GETTING THE ACCELERATION I AM SUPPOSE TO BE GETTING?!! :help
stop yelling.

when was the last time you changed your fuel filter? better yet, when was the last time you had a tune up?

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”