Ka24det

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
s13silady

im gonna turbo my KA very strong still at 64,000 miles.. the guy had it before me traded it in for a BMW... overmaintained.. it was an old guy...I got it for 2600...

now i wanna turbo it.... i wanna run at 7psi on STOCK internals...(for now because i know the boost bug is gonna bite me sooner or later.) i will upgrade internals later when motor gets a little older...

i wanted to know what turbo charger will give me that amount of boost (safe boost)...i know about the fuel management, FMIC, etc.. but i wanted to know what else will i need to make it work....

i know the nsport makes a cheap turbocharger to run that kind of boost...

ok ....7psi on stock internals... help me someone please

:help

-ryan*

Emperor

Do a search and read some posts.

BinaryVertigo

There is more to turbo charging a car than what you see in engine bays and turbo kits. Most turbo kits only come with the basic parts to turbo charge your car however if you really want to use it to its full potential you must up grade. Nsports do not make turbo chargers, they use a garrett turbo charger and rev hard manifold as the heart of their setup and fabricate/mix and match the rest. From your post it seems that you need to do a little more researching. Then you will be able to save yourself some money by puttin together a kit that's suited for your needs and goals...and also it seems that you consider fuel management not as important as the turbo itself. Learn what detonation is and what causes it and you'll be able to put together a nice turbo "kit".

demitri

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”