KA24DET and T3/T4 flange template schematic

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Guardians91240SX
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX auto 4 lug
1991 Nissan 240SX SE 5-Spd Sadly it was sold to pay bills
1979 Plymouth Volare 408" Bigblock auto

HEy all, man its been a minute since i posted here, its good to be back, I am looking to see if anyone has a dxf file for the ka24de exhaust flanges and a t3/t4 turbo flange, and if there would be any interest in them ? the by far cheapest option i have found is mazworx at $45 plus tax (yea Florida) and shipping bringing the grand total to $56.45 shipped plus the t3/t4 flanges range from $20-45 a piece, I am just hoping someone might have the files available that i can shoot over to machine shop who does water jet cutting amongst the other ways they can cut plate steel,so i can get a quote on these. I know there is a seller on ebay with a dxf file for the header flange for a mere $5 http://www.ebay.com/itm/282065867958?it ... m=&vxp=mtr , but has anyone used it ? I am really hoping i can find a file to use so i can begin building my turbo manifold sooner than later,

kindest regards,
-Mike

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey Mike,

I moved this over to the blown KA forums and revised the title just a hair to help with future searches and more responses.

For all said and done $56 for the flange seems like a good price. I don't have any files on this. I could draft it up and create a DXF for you, but getting the correct format for a machine shop deliverable would require some back and forth. Charging $5 for such work seems reasonable also, so you may consider that Ebay option. Too bad they don't have the turbo flange drawn up also, or do they?

For getting a price quote from a machine shop, do you/ they need an actual DXF? I mean, couldn't they ballpark the price if you merely sent them an image file and told them a rough length, material and thickness, with a promise to provide the DXF at the time of manufacture?

Will you be modifying the diameter of the primaries? Just curious of your design and if the DXF would need to be updated. Maybe the machine shop can manipulate the file for you if needed.

Guardians91240SX
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX auto 4 lug
1991 Nissan 240SX SE 5-Spd Sadly it was sold to pay bills
1979 Plymouth Volare 408" Bigblock auto

HEy no worries centralcoaster33,

I am just trying to see about making something not only for myself but for everyone, mainly because JGS quit making the basic turbolog mani, and lets be real the $80 ebay stainless manifold cracks pretty easily from what i have been reading on them, no sadly they do not have the flange dimensions, but those are easily obtained via google lol. No the actual shop doesn't need the DXF just a super accurate drawing, but again trying to keep cost down, I am sure they could ball park it with a set of super accurate drawings with all pertinent dimension on it, with what i would assume is standard setup the more you order the cheaper it is kinda deal. I I was going to keep factory port dimensions and locations and let the end user port match as needed. I was planning on having the tapered recess for the weld elbows to but up nicely for welding.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

I'm not up to speed on DXF files and autocad etc, but couldn't you just scan a gasket and import that image into autocad or whatever software?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Laser-C ... ne-gasket/

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”