ka24der

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

Im exploring this option for my next build. I took a look at the kit available at ka24der.com and it looks awesome. Fig. 995$ for kit and around 500$ for a used m62 sounds really cheap and easy bolt on. Im undecided on fuel management (walbro,8:1 fmu with a BTM?) and I guess ill go ahead and get a wideband for this one since its kinda uncharted waters. I know most superchager kit set ups come with fmu to make their kits "bolt on". Maybe get a underdrive crank pulley just to get going.

Im a little behind on superchargers reading that they dont "compress air. They more or less "cram in the air? Also id imagine they flow a way higher cfm at low boost lvls. than say a t25 turbo set up.< Maybe a fmu is not a good idea in that id need like a 12:1 ratio?

The numbers the few out there throw down are very promising! 220-250hp! 22-250tq!

I also think i could very easily fab up the plate adapter and make this happen for next to nothing.

costa_rican13
Car: 1993 s13 coupe

just be careful on how you tune it. but for power wise you're not gona see a whole like 4-500 will be crazy minded. but 200+ish sounds about right.

lexcrob

I read a few having heatsoak problems obviously this is probly one of the biggest issues. Maybe a thermal intake gasket or even one for the supercharger where it meets manifold to boot. Ive been trying to find a sheet of that phenolic gasket stuff, but no luck so far?

We'll see where i get with it trying to determine what all my rebuild will entail. Looks like it may just need headgasket now. Left throttle plate closed on my first compression test........ i feel pretty dumb for that one

lexcrob

WD did you ever get anywhere on mounting the supercharger over exhuast manifold and piping thru a intercooler?

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”