ka24de vs. ka24det - Round II

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Frank E Bones
Car: Slower than it looks

I love this fookers Dubstep

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUhnZxCT4JU[/youtube]

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

thanks guys.

looks good razi. how do they feel?

Frank E Bones

motoman399 wrote:looks good razi. how do they feel?
:blush:

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Frank E Bones wrote:I love this fookers Dubstep
=

WDRacing

Frank E Bones

NOO your poop foo!. WHERES MY MIXER!?

WDRacing

I have to plug a HD into my old PC and check if the programs are still there.

Frank E Bones

Kool, hope you still got em.

DubsSuck
Car: s13 hatch

Frank E Bones wrote:Smiling is for p****** :gapteeth:
yet we still use emoticons :biggrin:

Frank E Bones

DubsSuck wrote:yet we still use emoticons
...and Avatars instead of our ugly mugs...
:rotfl

Razi
Car: Moo

motoman399 wrote:thanks guys.

looks good razi. how do they feel?
I modified it to correct my roll center (there's a write up on my thread), now I have less body roll and the arms feel great. :biggrin:

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Razi wrote:I modified it to correct my roll center (there's a write up on my thread), now I have less body roll and the arms feel great. :biggrin:
Look good.

I'll take this time to show bling as well then. :)

Frank E Bones

Hey WD, that Astral Projection Vid reminds me of:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PvSnokA ... re=related[/youtube]

motoman399
Car: 98' wrecked (RHD coming soon) 240

biggie wrote:
Razi wrote:I modified it to correct my roll center (there's a write up on my thread), now I have less body roll and the arms feel great. :biggrin:
Look good.

what brand flca are those?

razi, i saw your thread already :naughty: just didnt read much lol

Razi

biggie wrote:
Look good.

Look at mister bigshot with his sexy SPL arms! >:[
:gapteeth: Lookin good man
motoman399 wrote: Look good.

Godspeed.
The bearings are totally crap though, and I replaced them with QA1 bearings, stuff that SPL uses.
Welds are ugly as hell but they have good penetration, if you're iffy about them you can grind em down and lay pretty beads over them.
Also, the tapered bolt that goes into your knuckle are supposedly "S13/S14" but S13 and S14s have different tapers, you gotta grind em down if you're gonna use em in the S14 knuckles.

Or you can go to the link I put in my thread, Def replaced the outer bearing with QA1 bearings, drilled out the knuckle, and used a large bolt.
I didn't wanna do that so I worked with the hardware supplied by Godspeed.

razi, i saw your thread already :naughty: just didnt read much lol[/quote]

WDRacing

Hey FEBs, is this something you'd be interested in or is it to advanced? I haven't used SONAR in years, when I did it was good but I had to do some reading to figure things out etc. Check out the options and watch the video. There are definitely easier programs, I just want to poll your ability. If you don't like lots of options, SONAR 8 might be overwhelming.

http://www.cakewalk.com/products/sonar/

Here's a basic program.

http://www.cakewalk.com/products/musiccreator/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utK1y0ZW ... re=related[/youtube]

Lastly, go HERE and DL the trial version of Fruity Loops. Everyone loves Fruity Loops and I'm 99.9% sure I can find the newest version.

Here's a tube of the program I still have, Kinetic 2 from Cakewalk. Probably my favorite beginner program simply because you can start right away after install and be mixing within 30 mins...if you're not retarded. So we'll say 2 hrs for you :wavey:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfe2ksJ1Lp8[/youtube]

Funny...I haven't messed around in a long time. Maybe I'll get back into music...

biggie

motoman399 wrote:
biggie wrote:Look good.

As Razi mentioned above, they are the SPL.

Just didn't want to take a chance on fitment and they are a sponsor, just needed to correct some camber issues.

WDRacing

I must have a polar opposite personality then you guys when it comes to suspension and ride quality. Then again, I grew up driving road yachts, 77 Caprice Classic, 79 Monte and a full size GMC Sierra. To me the stock suspension, other then having to much body role, is about as harsh as I can stand for a daily. I'm more of a Cadillac CTS kinda guy I think. Perhaps I'm just getting old :frown:

You guys tighten up everything and slam the s*** out of them. I was dragging my lip all over the place on stock suspension, I can't imagine driving some of your cars. The hassle of entering a parking lot sidewayz and at 2 mph is simply more then I could bare. In fact, I want to commit murder sometimes when I have to wait for one of you ***holes to navigate in or out of traffic :mad:

biggie

There reasons for my G35 on stock suspension as a daily driver. Though neither of my S13s are that low, at least not compared to most 20 y/o these days.

WDRacing

Yeah, the G35 does have a nice ride. I would love a G35x, but I hear the trans has shifting issues if you run any boost at all. I was thinking a lowish 5 psi, just to wake it up ya know. But I was reading that the auto's have a shifting issue when it's under a high load. To bad there is no manual option with the AWD. I'd be a happy mofo if there was.

Frank E Bones

WDRacing wrote:you can start right away after install and be mixing within 30 mins...if you're not retarded. So we'll say 2 hrs for you
:squint:

WDRacing wrote:Perhaps I'm just getting old
:yesnod

biggie

WDRacing wrote:Yeah, the G35 does have a nice ride. I would love a G35x, but I hear the trans has shifting issues if you run any boost at all. I was thinking a lowish 5 psi, just to wake it up ya know. But I was reading that the auto's have a shifting issue when it's under a high load. To bad there is no manual option with the AWD. I'd be a happy mofo if there was.
Its fast enough without boost for me. I wanted a G35x, but went with coupe over sedan due the back seats folding down in the coupe and not in the sedan. That and I found a great deal last year.

Though I am going to put OEM Z33 suspension on my G, but it only lowers 1/2 inch and isn't that much stiffer. As soon as I can afford an alignment that is.

Frank E Bones

I dont know who to smack first, the guy pitching the product or the guy singing the stupid jingle :facepalm:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v53OCICV ... r_embedded#![/youtube]

WDRacing

biggie wrote: Its fast enough without boost for me. I wanted a G35x, but went with coupe over sedan due the back seats folding down in the coupe and not in the sedan. That and I found a great deal last year.
I need the 4dr for the kids and I probably won't have 2 cars since I'll need a truck to tow the camper and toys. So I'll want my daily to be pretty quick. Another reason I mentioned the CTS, they have 400hp without boost and make an easy 500 with 5 psi. That makes for a pretty damn fun daily driver :yesnod

WDRacing

Razi

You should see Spooled's ride.
I'm pretty sure he could mow down ant hills if he tried.

I also realized the way my car currently sits and how I approach my drive way, I'm scraping as I enter my garage.
Arg, gotta be more careful now.

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

WDRacing wrote:I must have a polar opposite personality then you guys when it comes to suspension and ride quality. Then again, I grew up driving road yachts, 77 Caprice Classic, 79 Monte and a full size GMC Sierra. To me the stock suspension, other then having to much body role, is about as harsh as I can stand for a daily. I'm more of a Cadillac CTS kinda guy I think. Perhaps I'm just getting old :frown:

You guys tighten up everything and slam the s*** out of them. I was dragging my lip all over the place on stock suspension, I can't imagine driving some of your cars. The hassle of entering a parking lot sidewayz and at 2 mph is simply more then I could bare. In fact, I want to commit murder sometimes when I have to wait for one of you ***holes to navigate in or out of traffic :mad:
when i had my car lower certain speed bumps were pretty much brick walls-there's was no way getting over to the other side lol

life's so hard when your car is slammed like a G

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaDeUjSLfVs[/youtube]

Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

I'm going to paint my car. Here are my choices, you guys get to help me pick out the color. It's going to be green, and it's going to get me all the ladies. That being said, here are my choices.

Silver Moss:

Subaru Timberline Green Pearl:

Nordic Green:

Juniper Green Metallic (Razi's twin):

I'm pulling for Nordic Green right now, it's a really weird color that looks blue/gray in certain light but looks like a dark green at other times. I also want a metallic color with visible flake in it. All my friends want me to get the Juniper Green, and though I do think it's sweet, I'd rather have a non-oem color (s13 oem at least). I don't think I'll get Silver Moss because it's expensive and it's too light for my taste, but it's in the running because it's a cool green haha. What do you all think?

The other option is respray it black with a s*** ton of purple flake in it or something crazy like that haha.

Razi

Mmm I'm liking the Silver Moss and Nordic Green too.

My Juniper Green Metallic has some gold-ish flakes in it so it looks pretty awesome in person, dunno if it'd match with your hatch though.

Chris28
Car: 92 s13 KA-T

Yeah, I feel that Juniper Green Metallic requires silver wheels to look right, I think polished wheels would be too shiny, and black or darker wheels would "get lost" because the green itself is so dark. Nordic Green has that lighter hue so gunmetal/darker wheels could still work, as well as something silver.

I'm really liking the Nordic Green haha.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”