Ka24de rebuilt now no compression. Pls help

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
S13Keg
Car: 93’ s13 couple w/ s14 ka

Hi guys so I recently rebuilt my first motor, it’s a s14 ka24de. The block has been fully machined, along with the head. Pretty much every gasket has been replaced. Has new piston rings, rod and crank bearings, front cover. I tried to refresh everything possible while staying with in my budget. Anyways so after rebuilding it I recently put it back in my coupe and it doesn’t make any compression. So I checked my timing like 10 times and it’s always “perfect” from what I can see. I pulled the cams off and tried a compression test and the rings are holding compression just fine. So I thought it must he my tIming but i don’t see anything wrong it with. I am running s13 cams and valves but that shouldn’t matter. Someone please help me. This has been driving me crazy

ca18det_boy

I'm assuming you're talking about you performed a leak down test and not a compression test? Either way, post up some numbers. Was a valve job performed when the head was assembled? Are you using a standard headgasket or did you use a metal one? Did YOU rebuild the motor or did someone else? More information would be seriously helpful.

S13Keg

ca18det_boy wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:13 am
I'm assuming you're talking about you performed a leak down test and not a compression test? Either way, post up some numbers. Was a valve job performed when the head was assembled? Are you using a standard headgasket or did you use a metal one? Did YOU rebuild the motor or did someone else? More information would be seriously helpful.
I rebuilt the motor, i tested all of the cylinders and they all had zero compression, I am using a oem felpro headgasket. The rings are fine because i pulled the cams so the valves stayed closed and it held 90 psi in cylinder #4 (i assume this is normal considering the rings haven't been broken in yet.) , i didn't see a point in testing the other cylinders as the problem seems to be with the timing. I have redone the timing 5 times all from the FSM but yesterday i saw someone say that the FSM has the incorrect information in the s13 FSM. So i found a JW cam install guide that i am going to try tmr.

S13Keg

bump

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”