KA24DE motor jim wolf only?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
w1ngzer0
Car: Pfft. i don't own a box

is jim wolf the only one that seriously makes KA24DE products? or is there anyone else cause im having the hardest time finding any aftermarket for the KA24 for my future 240sx

silviaNE
Car: cars what else?

what are you looking for?

jim wolfecu intake

hot shotheadersintake

aemintake

exhausteveryone and thier grandma

turbo kitsf-max (turbonetics)n-sportxs engineering

pistonsjerossect

rodsditto

nitrous

and a whole lot more stuff.try using the serch button

and welcome to nico

w1ngzer0

also is it possible to drop a 300zx motor into a 240sx? Also is there problems with holes through the motor after so much use with boost??

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

It might fit. I doubt it would "drop in". You'll likely need some custom work to make it fit.

And what kind of holes are you talking about? A motor that starts out without a turbo is not too mechanically different then a motor that comes with a turbo. Manufacturers will tend towards beefier parts and lower compression to reduce the chance of detonation and failure from it. But if you turbo a Non-turbo motor, tune it well, and do not push the boost limits higher than the motor's capabilities, then you should have no problems.

w1ngzer0

now this is what im talking about productive postive posts. All you guys rock on this board :ylsuper

But the thing is im learning and i want my 240sx to be my project car. So i will be asking for :help a lot. Hope you guys dont mind :P. I am going to take school classes so the questions don't get out of hand :D

w1ngzer0

so guys ... where can i learn what to do properly to my car as far as boost and all that?

JESTER
Car: 2004 Chevy Colorado Bright a** red. 3.5 five cylinder

Try the FAQ up at the top of this page dealing with turbo.240sx.org the FAQ section has at least two installs.If you have some extra money and want to do some reading get Maximum Boost, by Corkey Bell.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. May not get an answer, but you can still ask. :D

silviaNE

A word of advice, Make sure you think your question out, and type prperly. Alot of people hate it when you dont bother to search first. And sometimes the grammer police are on the look out and will flame you. Other then that we are a pretty good group od people.

w1ngzer0

Aight cool. Also silviaNE edit button is your friend :D. Maxium boost is good :)

silviaNE

thanx, jk

Wittkid240
Car: cars, paintball, friends

w1ngzer0, i have actually talked about doing the 300zx engine swap into my 240. it would be a little bit of a pain though. custom motor mounts would be need to fabricated. Another thing we didnt really get to check was how the tranny would line up with the existing location of the shifter in the 240 and if you would have to cut your center console piece up so that you could make it work. Im sure it can be done but we never went to far into because i decided to go with KA-T.

silviaNE

chris may was talking about putting 300zx trany in s40sx. did he ever do it?

MainEvent212

hang out and read alot before you do anything!!!

trust me on that one

TomsMR2
Car: cars.. etc

dont kill yourself searching for answers. if you cant find something, dont hesitate to start a thread and ask. there is ALOT of information to scan thru, even using the search button, some people are just too anal to realize that.

welcome to the board :)

the main thing you should know, is that an engine is an engine is an engine. theres VERY few "240sx" specific things. learn about motors in general, and turbocharging NA's in general, and you'll get a great idea of how to approach mods, and carry them out properly.. on 240sx's and other cars as well.

Projex240
Car: Dogs , My RIDE

Plus...understand that everyone here as gone through their own "trial and error" stages. So dont get discouraged if something goes wrong here or there, and believe me things will.We've all been there, and we love to help others not follow in our footsteps and learn from our mistakes. First get familiar with your car and where evrything is...do the simple things by yourself to get comfortable tinkering. If you run into anything...just start typing.

w1ngzer0

sounds good to me :) Just waiting for stable income

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”