Ka24de Miss fire on cylinder 3

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
LHD S13
Car: 1989 240sx SE

I have read a lot of post before anyone ask.

Picked up a 93 vert with 135k ran decent but had horrible idle but no hesitation at first, so I changed plugs and wires. 80 miles and 2 months later it lost the will to start unless you feed it gas, started to miss terribly at idle and lots of hesitation below 2k RPM

I pulled all plugs one at a time and cylinder 3 made no change in behavior. Pulled injector wires one at a time and again cylinder 3 had no change in behavior. Tested the resistance of each injector and all 4 read 11.7. Checked all plug wires for spark all seemed to spark. Previous owner has installed a new injector harness and replaced injector 3 so the car has been running rich on cylinder 3 for a while. The top of piston 3 is black plug has lots of carbon build and seemed like all plugs smell of gasoline, but injectors test fine? going to check O-rings in the morning.

I did a compression test the day I got the car with a buddy's tester and results are without warming the engine

Any additional input would be great, in the meantime ill keep testing and conducting researching

LHD S13

Turns out it is dumping gas into all cylinders but cylinder 3 is the only one that is missing. O-rings are fine.

wa-chiss
Car: 1990 Nissan S13 H/C KA24E
2005 Toyota Sequoia
1976 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Injectors leaking? Pull rail off and zip tie injectors to the rail. Turn on pump and see if they're leaking.

Lord Umoja
Car: 1993 240SX 'Vert

It may be your engine harness. I had an issue where cylinder 3 failed on my car and it was the injector sub harness was failing causing it to idle like crap and die. I replaced the entire engine harness with a new one from wiring specialties and I'm back on the road.

LHD S13

wa-chiss wrote:Injectors leaking? Pull rail off and zip tie injectors to the rail. Turn on pump and see if they're leaking.
Will try this today!

Looks like someone has installed a new injector harness, the plugs look brand new. I also tested each one with a multi meter and they all started at 12v and fell to 0v. Maybe bad connection due to small plug going to try and penetrate the wires to see if there is steady connection today.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”