KA24DE Jumping Ignition Time???

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
aPanzerIV
Car: 1993 D21 Ka24e/Fs5w71c/4wd

Hello all,

I bought a 1999 Nissan Frontier with the KA24DE motor, and did a head job on it.

It was running great for a few hours so I drove it about a mile down the road and it just stalled out. Towed it back and found the distributor driveshaft wasn't in time. Pulled the valve cover to make sure it was TDC on the compression stroke, then dropped the oil pump and put it back in-time. Cranked it over a few times with no fire, checked it again and ignition is out of time. Took a socket extension and pulled the plug to make sure the key in the crankshaft gear/harmonic balancer wasn't broke, and TDC on the marks was true TDC. So I pulled the oil pump and put it back in time again, cranked it, checked it and ignition came out of time again.

Im scratching my head at this one, is it common for the distributor drive gear to strip out or something?

Dalton101910
Car: 1990 Nissan d21. With major timing issues

I'm having issues with mine as well but it's a ka24e. 90 Nissan d21. I also had some questions. I bought a new head to stick on it rebuilt the block and refreshed everything. But the one thing I can't find anything on is how to line up the crank with the cam. The cam gear has no dots or lines on it. I understand your sapose to put a wedge in there but I re did everything so marking it all was complicated.how do you line up upper and lower. Firing time is understandable. I understand that.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”