Ka24de Dimensions

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
tommywommy

Hello all. I am in the process of working out details for a very unconventional swap. I am planning on taking a Ka24de with an automatic transmission out of an Altima and putting it in a 1965 Chevy Corvair. What makes the swap particularly weird is that the Corvair is a rear engined car. So, I have to cram the fwd engine in front of the rear wheels right up to the fire wall of the car. It should be a very interesting swap, and as far as I know, its never been done before.
I have a bead on a donor Altima and went over and took measurements but forgot one. In order to save the trip back before buying the car, I was wondering if someone on here could walk out and take a quick measurement for me. I need to make sure that the drivetrain will fit between my frame rails in the back of my Corvair. Basically, I need to know the width of the drivetrain. I drew an arrow on a sample pic I found on the interwebs to give an idea of what I need. Basically, what is the width of the engine at the widest point where the arrow is? I can't remember if the Altima has mounts on the sides here, but if it does, a measurement between them would be ideal. Thanks in advance for any help you can give. And feel free to ask any questions if I'm not making sense.

neverlift

roflmao, is that an electric supercharger lol?

your not trying to make the corvair fwd are you?
if yes, I will not help you

tommywommy

Nah, not front wheel drive. I'm putting it in the back and using the FWD Altima motor to power the rear wheels of the Corvair.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

neverlift wrote:roflmao, is that an electric supercharger lol?

your not trying to make the corvair fwd are you?
if yes, I will not help you
I checked those electric superchargers out at SEMA a few years back. They actually work pretty well. I think their setup was moving like 850 cfm. Not bad for instant push the button boost if you ask me.

neverlift

oh sweet build then, if I see my buddy(ka altima) I can try to get this measurement for you.

wd stfu when did electric(other than those few 110volt ac setups) superchargers actually happen?
I will say that thing looks to be a twin screw configuration, with some rather massive motors.
Also what about the electrical consumption of said motors, 850cfm though is alot.

tommywommy

I ended up stopping by the seller's house and getting the measurements I needed, but thanks. I will be updating this forum as I get into the build a little more. I'm sure I'm going to need help with this motor as the build progresses. :) Thanks again.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”