ka24de crank pulley wont turn!! help D:

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
RBnMY240
Car: 240sx coupe

hii i got a 92 kade and i tried to turn the pulley to get it tdc but it would spin for a bit, and lock up..but if i take the pulley off and put the bolt in and turn the crank..it turns fine..its like something is locking the chain when the pulley is on..but..is that possible? kuz wen the pulley is off..it turns fine.. im so lost!! im so0 close with being done the build..but than so far FML lol

RBnMY240

or am i just retarded and cant install the pulley correctly

liquid_cool
Car: 1990 240sx ka24de-T swap 8.6:1cr ,duelsprings ,ti retainers,supertech pistons,K1 H-beems balanced internals ect ect.

i dont fully understand your issue....but...if this is a timing chain gear attached to the crank...then id think you might be hitting your valves stopping the crank dead in its tracks..if so..re do the timing...if im wrong about it being the timing gear..then please..post a pic or add a better description of the issue so we all here can give ya some help.

RBnMY240

i think you might be right,im sorry for not explaining it good enough, when i tighten the crank pulley down, it spins for a lil bit and than it gets locked up and the crank will not turn, but when i take the pulley off and just spin the crank, it turns fine. any ideas?

liquid_cool
Car: 1990 240sx ka24de-T swap 8.6:1cr ,duelsprings ,ti retainers,supertech pistons,K1 H-beems balanced internals ect ect.

ya thats it bro....its your timing..its off....dont be sorry for your post man..its no biggie...just next time..explain as much info as possible..and the mods that have been done to the car..helps us all narrow it down for ya...good luck re-doing your timing and please...post the results so we all know ya have it fixed..

RBnMY240

thankks ^_^ ill go redo the timing in a lil bit and ill post later to night to see if it works, hopefully thats the problem loland ill prolly post some pics of the engine if i get it in tonight

RBnMY240

no0o0o okk gott the engine in..and it cranked..but really slow..and than it stopped cranking...and went to a tick tick..lik the starter was bad..so i took it to advance, and they said it was alright...im so lost now!! D:things i did to it was..change pistons, timing, water pump, oil pump and stage 2 cams..can it be the timing that is causing it not to turn over? wen it cranked (slowly) i checked for spark butt no spark..but now it wont even turn over..

Razi
Car: Moo

Is your battery dead?

RBnMY240

haha nopee i took it to advance to charge it wen i took the starter to test it out, so it cant be the battery :/ im so lost.

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

As of now can you spin the crank by hand?

RBnMY240

its a lil hard but it does spin, ill check the timing again tomrow, and might try a new starter too, im sure i had all the marks right on the timing..

RBnMY240

can bad grounds make your car crank really slow?

zerepdivad
Car: '90 240sx . '02 Lexus IS300

a bad or low battery could. What grounds exactly are you talking about? Or did you ask somebody about it and they randomly threw out "check your grounds" like many backyard mechanics, and forum lurkers do....?

RBnMY240

yeah i found out yesterday that my battery is bad.. i just bought it too!! so i took it to walmart and they said they can give me a new one for free, but they would have to do it in the morning, because they were closing in FIFTEEN mins.. O_O and it takes TWENTY mins to exchange ughh i was so mad!! but yeah i saw a forum and the had almost the same problem, but he didnt say how he fixed it, so i asked, and another guy replied saying check your ground wires for them engine to the chassis, so0 yesterday i went out and bought some 8g wire and replaced my grounds, well..it didnt work too much but it made the engine bay look cleaner ^_^ ima go and get a new battery in a lil bit, ill post wut happens to night

liquid_cool

zerepdivad wrote:a bad or low battery could. What grounds exactly are you talking about? Or did you ask somebody about it and they randomly threw out "check your grounds" like many backyard mechanics, and forum lurkers do....?
Liquid_cool <-------- backyard mechanic and forum lurker!..your holyness ...i resemble those comments!...lol

if the timing is set up correctly bro..you should be able to start her up when you replace the battery..did ya test the altinator too?..post back with results please

las14240
Car: 1996 Nissan 240 sx aka S14 KA24de

I have also run into the same issue but have replaced the starter and it is still turning over really slow, I have to let off the key at 1/4 rotation then hit it again a few times for my car to turn over and start up. What could be causing this? New starter and battery as of yesterday.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”