]Ka24de !984 Fiero plans

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
perfryder
Car: 94 Altima se, 84 fiero

Hi all, pleas don't hate on my Fiero.. Its getting the Ka24det awesomeness added to it :D, Nissan and GM are my favorite makers, so I'm gonna put them together and create a masterpiece,, I hope, I'm 29yo and have a s*** load of engine dynamics, welding and mechanical knowledge but also have 2 kids and a crappy budget... I guess what I'm about to get into is, has anyone done this yet?? I figure probably not so I'm real jacked to be the first or one of the first! I have a 94 Altima ka24de with auto trans, that car was surprisingly fast, faster than my v6 Pontiac gran damit, faster than my stick shift 2.8l v6 fiero!! faster than any civic I pulled up to, but it would not spin a tire on dry pavement, that might have been a good thing though cause I got a heavy foot. man though 150 to 200kph was surprisingly fast also, whats strange about my 200k mile ka24de, is it pulled good all the way to 6500rpm, I hear 6000 they stop pulling???, maybe it had to do with the oil and gas I used? anyway I'm getting carried away, so heres the plan, get that pos 2.8 out of the fiero. make some mounts and custom hook ups for water and all that jaz, now I wanna know is a 5 speed gonna help me or can I shift kit and get a high stall converter in my auto, I like the auto cause the electric overdrive shift and the gearing is actually decent, another question is the turbonetics t3t4 turbo kit a good option? :naughty:

perfryder

its the turbonetics t3t4 for a 93 to 00 Altima

perfryder

I've been thinking pistons and connecting rods, apr head studs better head gasket, I need to find a better timing chain setup too cuz It makes noise ones it gets warm and I've done one on my d21 ka24e engine and it still rattled a little till it warmed up after so I went to synthetic thiner oil to prevent that but it still did it !? I'd like to destroke deck and bore it out for a little more rpm but $$$.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey Perfryder, welcome to the site. I like your car ideas! I like your enthusiasm!

There is a whole subforum for boosting KA motors here. Under the car forums, truck forums, market place forums, and classified is a set of engine forums. You'll find data and experience with turbos and fabrication in there. You might want to post your ideas there for feedback.

There's a guy in my area that tracks his Fiero and has a lot of fun. Do you have any photos you'd like to share? Maybe not in the Nismo forum, but there's a place in general chat for that.

perfryder

hi centeracoaster33 thanks for the reply and advice, I got a video of a decent burnout at the Elliot lake dragraces,I'll try and get it on here, I paid $100 for the car not running, It has a bunch of performance s*** on the engine like accel coil, 8.5mm wires all sorts of stuff, looks like it was rebuilt ones apon a time. after I cleaned out the gas tank replaced the fuel pump with the one from my d21 pickup( now has a 305 chev and a 5 speed but not completed), cleaned everything I could and seafoamed it, the thing ran good, lots of tork off the line. then I did some burnouts and a couple pulls and the engine developed a lower end rod knock.. pos 2.8's always do that. I'll get some pics of the stuff I have soon!

perfryder

Sorry Centralcoaster33**

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Cool man. I'll keep my eyes peeled for future posts.

sx moneypit
Car: 2010 370Z
1986 Toyota MR2

Moved this to the hybrids forum.
Welcome to NICO!

Return to “Hybrids”