KA-T 370-390hp Daily not turning over.. Help please!

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
colonevan0311
Car: 2004 RX-8 *totaled on 20130324*
1991 Nissan 240SX *bought on 20130406 - THE MISSILE*
2014 Nissan Sentra *delivery car*
1989 Nissan S13 Silvia Q's Model *In repair*

Well here's the "low" down on everything that's happened.

I have a black 91 hatchback, KA-T pushing around 370-390 horsepower.
Built block, stage 2 cams, magnaflow exhaust, hks ssq 1 bov, 22lbs of boost, i can go on and on.

Here's my issue:
So on Friday I was driving my car along to work and bam it s*** out on me. Tried to start it, it wouldn't start. After waiting for about 10 minutes it finally started and I was off my way to work again. We had an event to go to later that day so I hoped in the 240 again and at the 2nd light on base out of my unit's area, it s*** out AGAIN. This time it didn't start at all, even with a jump. It wasn't cranking so my boss and I decided to request to leave work for the rest of the day and start working on her. Went to autozone, got a starter and put that bad boy in. She began to crank but wouldn't turn over. Well, we tested the distributor wiring, and one of the prongs wasn't putting out power, so I had one special ordered to an O'Riely's and picked it up the next day. Put her in, got the timing done after about 3 hours of f**king with it and it started when I set the TDC to factory settings according to a paper they printed out for me in the auto hobby shop and she started, she boosted fine, idle'd perfectly, way better than it ever did so I was happy. I left feeling accomplished after a 8 hour day working on the car and went to bed that night. The next day, I popped the hood and readjusted somethings I forgot to tighten all the way down, well be being the retard that I am, I forgot to tighten the intake all the way down onto the turbo. It popped off and I drove about 18 miles before the car s*** out on me again and realized my mistake. So I pulled over, tightened it back on and was back on the road to the gym on base. That's when I realized there was something wrong. In boost she started tugging, shaking, something of that nature around 4.5k-6k rpm and wouldn't stop unless I let off the gas. This only happened in wide open throttle. So I stopped, shrugged it off as it was nothing and kept on my merry way to the gym. Finished my workout and on the way home, tested to see if it was doing it again, and it was. I accidentally stalled out at a red light about 4 miles later and the car wouldn't start for about 5 minutes. It started after I put her in reverse and popped the clutch while I cranked. I finally made it to my house and my wife wanted sushi so we headed out once again. I asked her to record my driving just incase it happened again, she recorded but it didn't. When I began to downshift into 3rd the car s*** out again. AFR gauge went blank, and rpms began to sporadically (as in up and down) drop to 0. It finally came to a halt and I tried what I usually did and it didn't start. I went home, redid the timing to stock specs and that still didn't work. Replaced the distributor coil, that didn't work. Tested spark to the spark plugs, and NO SPARK! Also, the ENG CONT fuse was blown so we replaced it with the RET MTR one and it still didn't fire up. So here's my question and I hope ya'll can help!

With a new distributor, new starter, new distributor coil, new spark plugs, and a decent condition fuse for the ENG CONT, why won't my car get spark to the spark plugs and turn over?? Please help me out! My family is looking forward to see me this Friday when I get on leave but this is my only transportation I have and most of them haven't seen me since I got back from deployment. Any advice would help!

Extra info/ significant info:
NEW DIZZY, NEW STARTER, NEW DIZZY COIL, NEW SPARK PLUGS, NO SPARK TO THE SPARK PLUGS, ALTERNATOR IS GOOD

I called the mechanic that I always take my car too (down in jersey 546 miles away) and he assumes it could be a faulty distributor, too advanced timing, or a bad coil. He also thinks it's misfiring at top end.

I also spoke to Nissan and they believe it's the power transistor which is something they don't carry for my vehicle anymore.

Is it any of these things above? Or should I run codes on my ecu using the blinking method instead?

Thanks for all your input and sorry for the long a** story.

colonevan0311

UPDATE:

Before I began taking out the ecu I tried starting it, now the rpm meter jumps when I turn the key, but goes right back down and continues to crank with no movement. Any ideas on this?

colonevan0311

bump

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”