KA motor mounts.

General discussion area for the L30-chassis Altima
00_Altima MD
Car: 2004 Sentra SE-R Spec V

If there is one thing that I could say about the KA stock mounts it would be that they suck. I am on my 3rd set of motor mounts. The last time that i had to replace my mounts i had to replace the front rear and passenger side mounts. I only wish that i had a picture of the rear motor mount. It was completely destroyed. The entire center of the mount was shredded.

gumby
Car: '89 240sx sohc

yeah they are kinda spongy. my beaters mounts are torn up pretty bad the engine lurches pretty bad. i should really get a spare set.

soc_monki
Car: cars, guitars, dirt bikes...

the rear mount is the one most affected. i have 98K on my car, front and side mounts are good (even after lots of hard driving) but the rear mount was shot. i got a stock rear mount, a bottle of 3M windoweld polyurethane, and went to town on the mount, sealing up ALL the open space. the result? a much stiffer mount and one that wont break as soon as you do a hard launch.

do this at least on the rear mount, and youll be a lot happier because you wont spend so much on mounts!

00_Altima MD
Car: 2004 Sentra SE-R Spec V

yeah i know i have already done that to my fron motor mount i am just trying to save a lil money for the rear one

Importroller
Car: G35 and 07 Altima 3.5 6spd

from what I read, Active Tuning is thinking of making solid mounts for 1st and 2nd gens, so you can check out the thread on nissanclub (altimas.net) and see if anything happens. Me personally, I filled my front and rear mounts, and I personally like the difference. the stock rears suck beyond belief. I hope that they make inserts instead of full mounts

Return to “2nd Generation Altima Sedan (1998-2001)”