K&N Air filter

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
roguester
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD, 06 Altima 2.5 S special

Would like to install K&N air filter but I'm unable to find one in CanadaChecked K&N website and calls for #33-2409 also gives you all their local distributors in your area.I called a few and they don't have a listing for it.Does anyone know where I can get one?Nissan dealers have some K&N but not for the Roguethanks

blueis300
Car: 2007 nissan maxima 3.5 se

http://www.autozone.com/Ntt,33...s.htm

Canada Customers call (800)288-6966 to order.

philipa_240sx

Curious, not sure why K&N lists a different filter for the Rogue. Meanwhile both Nissan, Napa, and others list the Rogue air filter as the same part no as the '07-'08 Sentra and the '90-96 300ZX. See listing below for cross reference.

Quote »Performance filters:K&N: 33-2036AFE PRO DRY S: 31-10055AEM Dryflow: not available yetAmsoil EAA: not available yet

Standard paper filters:WIX: 46044NAPA Gold: FIL6044[/quote]

desiguy

check out Canadian Tire or Part Source. I bought mine from Part Source about 6 or 7 months ago.

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

I bought the aFe Pro Dry S on line few months ago.

Fit perfectly, in fact you have to force it a little bit more than the OEM, which is good as you know there will be no leak. Nice quality of the rubber.

No oil, clean it once a year and it is good for the life of the car.

Unfortunately, Amsoil doesn't make an EAa filter for the Rogue yet, may be in few years.

roguester

desiguy wrote:check out Canadian Tire or Part Source. I bought mine from Part Source about 6 or 7 months ago.
I tried both and they don't even list it

roguester

Would like to know more about the pro dryHow does it compare with the K&N in performance?What is the approx. costIs it available online in Canada or from US

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

I had some difficulty to retrieve the information, so recheck it as it may not be that accurate.

I did quite some research to find the best air filter for the Rogue.

Amsoil air filters are considered the best in the business, but there is none for the Rogue.

Reading others forums, it seems that the AMSOIL EaA and the aFe Pro Dry S are quite similar in performance and better filtration than the K&N. There is a thread of someone doing a detailed study of its aFe filter with several Blackstone samplings giving great wear results.

I ordered it at ultimatetruck.com, really great customer service, and since they had it in backorder, it came directly from aFe. It is listed as less than 28US$ + shipping. They ship in Canada.

The funny part is that if you go on the ultimatetruck or the aFe website, you would not find the filter for the Rogue (I rechecked today), you will find it under the 1996 Nissan 300ZX (same filter, just need ONE and not two like for the 300ZX).I had several emails with the guys from ultimatetruck about the fact that I need two filters and I was ordering only one. So I have to explain them that this filter works also for the Rogue and that I need only one for the Rogue.

If you are not in a hurry, next month I will do my oil change and an analysis will be done on it , so in less than two months, we will know if the filter works or not.

If you want to order it right away, don't forget to be sure they understand you just want ONE.

Hope this help.

roguester

Pescakl1 wrote:I had some difficulty to retrieve the information, so recheck it as it may not be that accurate.

I did quite some research to find the best air filter for the Rogue.

Amsoil air filters are considered the best in the business, but there is none for the Rogue.

Reading others forums, it seems that the AMSOIL EaA and the aFe Pro Dry S are quite similar in performance and better filtration than the K&N. There is a thread of someone doing a detailed study of its aFe filter with several Blackstone samplings giving great wear results.

I ordered it at ultimatetruck.com, really great customer service, and since they had it in backorder, it came directly from aFe. It is listed as less than 28US$ + shipping. They ship in Canada.

The funny part is that if you go on the ultimatetruck or the aFe website, you would not find the filter for the Rogue (I rechecked today), you will find it under the 1996 Nissan 300ZX (same filter, just need ONE and not two like for the 300ZX).I had several emails with the guys from ultimatetruck about the fact that I need two filters and I was ordering only one. So I have to explain them that this filter works also for the Rogue and that I need only one for the Rogue.

If you are not in a hurry, next month I will do my oil change and an analysis will be done on it , so in less than two months, we will know if the filter works or not.

If you want to order it right away, don't forget to be sure they understand you just want ONE.

Hope this help.
Much appreciated for your thorough and informative postThanks again

roguester

philipa_240sx wrote:Curious, not sure why K&N lists a different filter for the Rogue. Meanwhile both Nissan, Napa, and others list the Rogue air filter as the same part no as the '07-'08 Sentra and the '90-96 300ZX. See listing below for cross reference.
Went with k&N, perfect fitthanks philipa

mx6bfast
Car: 08 Rogue SL FWD

For people that are using this or the other mentioned in this thread, have you noticed any performance increases/issues with these? I did some researching a few weeks ago and some people claimed they lost mpg and performance.

I have thought about getting one for my Rogue and my wife's 02 Mustang.

Leo2005

Not sure about performance but sound definitely changed. From red light when I start one my friends thought that I got a hole in exhaust After winter I'm planning to change my K&N to a cold intake. From sentra se-r 2.5 should fit....probably with minor changes.

Return to “Rogue Forum”